Sunday, July 31, 2016

Rhodie's First Sunday At Church

We've had a good weekend.

I'm just letting you know...you might want to skip this post. It's just a random slice of our every day life. Nothing too exciting went on this weekend.

After Rhodie's rough day on Friday...Holly said that Saturday was much better. Rhodie's other grandparents came over yesterday, but then Holly, Aaron, and Rhodie came over to visit us last night. Rhodes was smiley and happy. At one point, Clark was holding him...and he spit up all down Clark's bare back (he wasn't wearing a shirt), all down the back of his shorts, down his left calf...and made a small puddle on the floor.

But he wasn't screaming, and Clark wasn't upset about it at all.

This morning, Holly and Aaron-the-son-in-law took Rhodie to church. He went to their Sunday School class with them. Holly said that he got a little fussy, because it was his eatin' time...but he calmed down after that. Apparently, they had to leave their small group twice...once to change a diaper, and once for her to nurse, but I still think it was a success. I mean, they got there on time...and "didn't nobody die."

NAME THAT MOVIE.

(Rush Hour)

Anyway, I was already in the choir room when someone said, "hey, I saw your baby out in the lobby."

And that's how I jumped up and ran out of the choir room...HURDLED this speed-bump thing in the hallway...IN A DRESS, MIND YOU...and busted out the door into the lobby area of our church.

This older man from choir was walking behind me, and when I leaped into the air, I heard him say, "WOWWWWW."

Jim commented that it was probably because no one had ever seen me move that fast, and to that I say: PUNCH.

When I got to the lobby, I saw Holly and Aaron surrounded by a bunch of people. They were all "oooing" and "ahhhing" over Rhodie. Holly looked at me and said, "I'm coming!" She was headed to the choir room, so that everyone could see Rhodes.

After church, we came home and ate re-runs (what Joshua calls "left-overs") from the frig. We call it FFYS: Fend For YourSelf. After lunch, Jim settled in with his newspaper, I settled in my chair, Joshua settled upstairs watching a movie, and Clark settled down for a short summer's nap.

After'while, Holly and Aaron came over with the baby...and we had fun hanging out here. Aaron and Clark got in the pool, and when Jim and Joshua got home from the gym...they got in with them. Holly and I stayed inside with Rhodes.

Jim went and got Subway for dinner, and we had a nice, quiet evening. I like it when Sunday nights are calm...it kind of gets me ready to start a new week.

And, Rhodie smiled a couple of his biggest smiles at Clark tonight, and it melted all of our hearts. I think it's safe to say that the spit-up incident from yesterday has been forgotten...and forgiven. :)

"The LORD Himself watches over you..." Psalm 121:5

No comments:

Post a Comment