Friday, July 8, 2016

DALLAS

There are somethings I don't post on social media, because you always have those few people...or even that ONE person...who will troll on there and make some hurtful comment, and, you know...it's disheartening. Because sometimes, no matter what I say, someone will say that I should've said more...or less...or nothing. Or, something different.

Asking why I posted on this when I didn't post on the police officer shootings in Minnesota and Louisiana.

I don't know. Those shootings grieved my heart as well. All of this senseless violence is wrong, wrong, wrong...but because this happened in DALLAS...it's more personal.

To me.

Because I have family there.

And because I have family members who are married to police officers there.

That's why.

It's not more important, their lives are not more worthy...it's just more personal to me.

As far as attacking people who are trying to spread peace on social media, I say, "can we please stop?"

Because people are shooting and people are dying...and other people are shooting words behind the screen of a computer or a smart phone...and the ones who read it die a little on the inside.

Very different, I know.

But can we not attack the ones who are just trying to comfort and help?

I may not understand what it's like to be Asian, Black, Hispanic, or Native American. You might not understand what it's like to be White.

But, as civilized and rational people, there are things we can ALL agree on. Like, how targeting, ambushing, and shooting police officers is never okay.

NEVER.

You can't paint people of different races with one brush, and you can't paint people with certain jobs with one brush.

Because, you know, for every bad teacher we hear about on TV, there are thousands of good ones. For every immoral religious leader, there are many who live honorable and trustworthy lives. For every corrupt politician, there are hundreds who are trying to make things better. For every abusive parent, there are a million good ones who do their best every day.

These police officers in Dallas? Their only connection to the shootings in Minnesota and Louisiana...was their job.

There are at least 5 families whose loved ones are not coming home to them. And why?

Because they wore a badge.

This is never, ever okay.

“You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor’ and hate your enemy. But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For He gives His sunlight to both the evil and the good, and He sends rain on the just and the unjust alike." Matthew 5:43-45

No comments:

Post a Comment