Monday, July 18, 2016

Rhodie: 1 Month!

We celebrated our grandson's one month birthday yesterday!

And by "celebrated," I mean that we went to church...but he stayed home with his parents. And we came home and had lunch...and he stayed home with his parents. BUT, then they came over, and his dad played in the pool with Joshua and Clark...and Holly and I stayed inside with Rhodie. I got to rock him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth...and as I rocked him, I said, "I love you forever, I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living..."

Never mind.

That book makes me so sad!

It was a great day...except for the fact that Jim missed it, because of work...because of the storms we had last week in our state. In situations like the one we had last Thursday, his company cancels all days off, weekends off, birthday holidays off, etc. It's "all hands on deck, Granger."

(name that movie)

(HARRY POTTER: The Half-Blood Prince)

We are a movie/tv show quoting family.

So Jim missed the whole weekend.

Joshua, Clark, and Aaron-the-son-in-law played outside in the pooah (how Joshua pronounces the word: POOL) for a couple of hours. That's like a world record for Joshua. He is such a planner that he has something scheduled for every minute of every day...even if it's just something like "come downstairs and hang out with Mom." He.plans.everything.

They had a big time out there. I loved hearing all the laughter...and the yelling. The good kind of yelling. :)

Anyway, I sure enjoyed the day. I had signed up to bring food to a new mommy in our small group. I specifically chose Sunday, so that Jim and I could take it together. But Clark filled in JUST FINE. We got to see a teeny-tiny baby girl. Rhodes made two of her...and I think he's wittle!

I can't believe Rhodes is one month old! This month has flown by...it seems like he's been with us forever. He has brought much joy to our family, and we are so thankful for him.

The Lord brought this verse to my mind, and I prayed it over Rhodie on his 1 month birthday:

"Keep me as the apple of Your eye; hide me in the shadow of Your wings." Psalm 17:8

No comments:

Post a Comment