Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Clark's First Day Back After Christmas Break and the SWAT Team

So, Clark got up early Monday morning and headed to school. I was feeling a little nostalgic, being that it was his first day of his last semester of high school...and it didn't seem to be bothering him AT ALL

(sniff)

Imagine my surprise when he called me at 8 a.m., saying that there were NO CARS in the student parking lot and NO students. He said that he saw a few teachers "scurrying" into the building, but that was it. What he WAS seeing were police cars...and lots of them. And fire trucks, ambulances and several vehicles marked "SWAT TEAM." Eeek!

He said, "well, it finally happened here...someone went crazy."

Turns out, THERE WAS NO SCHOOL ON MONDAY (and wouldn't you think a SENIOR would know this?)...and Clark had walked smack-dab into the middle of an "active shooter" DRILL.

Eeek!

He asked if he could come home.

Ummmm...YES!

I made blueberry muffins this morning, so as to get back into the "family TRANDitions." (Joshua's word) Joshua was soooo excited. It's so sweet how the little things make him so happy!

I ended up staying in my pajammies most of the day. I took did a ton of laundry and some vacuuming, and I started taking down some of the Christmas decorations. I watched MULAN on Netflix...ALL BY MYSELF...while I worked around the house.

I like Mulan. :)

Clark came home and was kind of making fun of me for being in my pjs and watching Mulan...just teasing with me. He left and went out for lunch with his girlfriend, and I went to change clothes.

For the record, I put on a pair of jeans and my BLARDIGAN.

And then I was so cozy that I didn't want to do anything the whole rest of the day...hurhurhurhur...

Except, oh yeah...my people. They like to eat. So I fixed dinner, and 4 of us ate together. And then we had a really nice, quiet night that kind of eased us back into the swing of things. Well...minus the 1 hour and 47 minutes we spent watching "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit." I think I held my breath the entire time.

We had such a nice break from school and the whole "school" routine. I'm one of those moms who never likes it when the kids go back after a break. BUT, I do try to stay busy to get myself over the hump of feeling sad. Fortunately (or not), my Christmas decorations are still up and I swurr they are mocking me.

But I will have the last laugh. I spent an hour yesterday afternoon, running up and down the stairs to the attic...bringing down ALL the boxes I will need to pack all the stuff up. It's happening.

It's happening today.

"Satisfy us in the morning with Your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days." Psalm 90:14

No comments:

Post a Comment