Monday, January 12, 2015

Bombs At Wal-Mart and Popcorn From a Can

Last night, we decided to go out for dinner. We'd been inside since we got home from church. We had spent a glorious afternoon watching football, reading the paper, and napping...enjoying our rainy, cold Sunday. When it came time for dinner, I reallllly wanted Jim to offer to go out and bring something home for us, mainly because I didn't want to change out of my comfy clothes...but...he didn't.

And, FYI...I have worn my Blardigan all or part of every day EXCEPT ONE since I got it. So, it's expensive...yes. But kinda worth it. It's the only thing that makes getting out of my flannel pajammies worth it.

Also, you know I said how my husband was worried about me wearing "intimate apparel" out in public? Well, I wore my Blardigan to church yesterday with my dress: walls did not fall down, people...so just sayin'.

AND a pregnant girl in choir asked me to tell her where to get one. So there's that.

ANYWAY, I got dressed, and Jim, Joshua and I went out for dinner. Jim chose McAlister's, which sounded kind of good. I guess I'd never noticed that their sign out front says, "Gourmet Deli." Our food was good, don't get me wrong, but they might be playing a little fast and loose with the word, "gourmet." Just sayin'.

On the way home, Joshua noticed the sign at a Chinese restaurant said, "hina Star." Because the "C" had burned out. I thought it was funny, and kind of amazing...not just because Joshua can read, because I am reaaaaallllly thankful that he can...but because he NOTICED it, and sounded it out...and then he repeated it to us because he thought it was funny.

You know, "for the humorous."

Speaking of funny...there was a bomb threat at a Wal-Mark in Little Rock yesterday. This WM is located fairly close to where Joshua's Therapeutic Recreation Center is located. It wasn't always a bad part of town, but now...well, it's not good. Not every area...but this particular area...not the safest.

Side note: one day, a couple of years ago, Holly offered to take Joshua to TR for me, since she was going to be in Little Rock anyway. I thought that was so nice of her. She said they got there a little early, so THEY WENT TO WM TO WALK AROUND.

THIS Wal-Mart.

Not good.

And something else that's not good OR funny: bombs and bomb threats. That's not the funny part.

The funny part was that they reported on the news...and showed a picture...people had been evacuated from the store, and WERE WAITING IN THEIR CARS IN THE PARKING LOT.

Question: How bad do you want to buy something at WM that you would wait in the parking lot...WHEN THERE IS THE THREAT OF A BOMB GOING OFF...to see if the store gets the "all clear" from the police?

We got home and I started watching "FINDING NEMO." I love that movie. Holly called to say that she was taking a study break, and that she and Aaron were going to come over for a while. I changed the channel to the Golden Globes, because I knew that is something she would enjoy watching. For my part...I probably haven't seen a movie in the theater SINCE "Finding Nemo," and Jim and I are the people the jokes were being made about...where one spouse turns to the other spouse and says, "who ARE all of these people?"

We don't know any of the "famous" people.

And I don't know if it was seeing all of those skinny, Hollywood women...or if it was because I had given my "gourmet" sandwich to Joshua because his was too hard for him to eat...but the next think I knew, I had my head in a can of popcorn.

The can of popcorn that my mother-in-law gave us for Christmas.

The can of popcorn that my mother-in-law gave us for Christmas that I made such fun of.

THAT popcorn.

It was a low moment.

I'm not proud of it.

"Oh sing to the LORD a new song, for He has done marvelous things..." Psalm 98:1

No comments:

Post a Comment