Friday, January 9, 2015

You Might Wanna Skip This Post :)

Couldn't even think of a cute title for this post. This week has been a whole lotta nuthin' goin' on.

Not even kidding.

School started back on TUESDAY, and I wrote about how Clark popped up early on Monday and showed up to school on a no-school day...and SWAT TEAM. Hello?

The rest of this week has been me doing laundry...and putting up Christmas stuff...and more laundry...and more Christmas stuff. I'm almost done with it all. I just have the tree in our entry way to take apart...and then I have to take allll the boxes up to the attic. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I was so proud of myself for going to the grocery store right after we got back from our trip to Texas, because I haven't had to go back all week...but I've gotta go today. They are predicting bad weather (ICE) over the weekend, and I've got to get there before all the bread and milk are gone. (ha) I've been trying to keep Joshua close to home and away from places where crowds of people are...because I am scared to death for him to get the flu (even tho we've all had our flu shots). Every day, they report on the flu deaths in Arkansas and my heart jumps into my throat. We are up to 14, so far.

Anyway, I had to tell Joshua that we were out of eggs, and that I couldn't make blueberry muffins for him this morning.

 JESUS BE NEAR.

I'd known about it since Wednesday afternoon, when I used the last two eggs to make brownies for our choir party...and I hadn't been to the store to get any more.

But none of that matters to Joshua. In his mind, it's Friday...there should be muffins.

He gave me the face that Charlie, in The Santa Clause movie, gave the waitress at Denny's when she told him they were out of chocolate milk, and he said, "plain milk's finnnne."

Yeah. THAT face.

BUT, I was able to tell him that Jenni wanted to meet him for lunch and that seemed to perk him up a little. Which, was good, because you never know with those two! I was looking forward to it...mainly because he hadn't shaved all week and had some pretty nasty "face furr" going on. He was pretty proud of it, tho.

I sent him a text because he was upstairs getting ready. I said, "We need to leave at 11:15. You need to shave and look nice and have a good attitude."

And he replied, "Let me know when you find out where we are eating."

Seriously?

I said, "well, Mr. Fancy Pants, they didn't tell me that."

And he replied, "I'm sorry for being sassy."

SASSY? What in the world?

We met up with Jenni and her helper/friend, Tiffannie. They said they were going to eat at Chick-Fil-A. I decided to stay close, so that I could get him as soon as they were done. I ended up going to Target, and had 30 glorious minutes of free time. IT.WAS.AWESOME.

And yes, I realize that Chick-Fil-A is probably not the place to go if you are wanting to stay away from germs. I thought about keeping him home, but I thought it would be good for him to get out.

I have pretty much been in the house since January 1, with the exception of one trip to the grocery store...and choir. I've been trying to lie low (or is it, lay low?) with Joshua, to keep him away from all the germs. I LOVED walking around Target, except that the very first thing I saw when I walked in was the swimsuits.

TARGET HAS THEIR SWIMSUITS OUT...THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

It was pretty much the worst thing ever!

I'm KIDDING. But swimsuits...in JANUARY?

The other thing that happened which really is the worst thing ever...is that the news had full coverage of the terrorists in Paris and the hostage situations that went on today. We try very hard to protect Joshua from seeing all of the bad stuff that's in the news, because how do you even explain evil to an innocent child...of any age? Tonight, they showed clips of the Eiffel Tower going dark for a moment to remember the fallen, and then they showed people...in a show of solidarity with the French satirical newspaper, Charlie Hebdo, and the loss of lives there...raising their pens and pencils to the sky in support. Joshua looked up and saw that and said, "cute!" I looked over at him. He pointed at the TV and said, "they are raising their wands up...just like on Harry Potter."

Prayers for the people of Paris would not be wasted. So heartbreaking and sad.

"For You make me glad by Your deeds, LORD; I sing for joy at what Your hands have done." Psalm 92:4

No comments:

Post a Comment