Friday, January 16, 2015

A Whole Lotta Nuthin'

Yesterday was a really quiet day and nothing much went on, so I didn't post anything. Jim took off half-a-day of work, and he and Joshua went down to visit his parents.

I've tried to be productive around here while they were gone. I did a lot of laundry, and cleaned out my frig. I started on my pantry, but it's gonna take a little longer to get that organized. I painted 1/2 of my kitchen island and I love it! I used Annie Sloan chalk paint in Duck Egg Blue and it is soooo pretty. The perfect soft accent I was wanting. I also painted my little bust of David with Annie Sloan chalk paint in Old White. I paint him all the time according to my mood or the season. I intended to paint him gold over Christmas, but the time got away from me. He may be pink by Valentine's Day...who knows? He's been several different colors. I love the Old White, but I discovered that it's easier to paint "David" with spray paint than it is to brush it on. He has too many cracks and crevasses!

I've been really looking forward to today. Not just because it's Friday, but because I feel like this week has been really long.

I cleaned out the closet in our master bedroom. And by "our" closet, I mean JIM'S closet. I literally have no clothes in there BECAUSE THERE'S NO ROOM.

Thaaaaaaaaaat's right. My HUSBAND has over-taken our entire closet.

I'm more than a little frustrated...ha!

The closet that we had at our old house was about 3 times as big...and not a problem for us to share. But now? Well, there just ain't room enough for the both of us in this town. I'm kidding. It's still not really a's just that we got used to having all that room, and even after 2 1/2 years in this house...we apparently haven't adjusted as well as we should!

I keep my clothes in Logan's room, since he's all married now and feels like he needs with his WIFE...and in his own home.


Holly got out of nursing school early, so we went out to lunch and did a little shopping. I've basically been in the house since January 1st...hanging out during the week with Joshua. His Therapeutic Recreation group hasn't started back yet. Plus, we are trying to minimize his exposure to the flu (even tho he's had his shot), so we've been sticking pretty close to home. I love being at home and love being with Joshua, but not gonna was really nice to be, as my Grandmother would say, "out and about" on this sunny day. Actually, she would pronounce it, "oot and aboot." She was from Virginia. 

Holly and I had a lot of FUN today!

When Jim and Joshua got home, Jim informed me that they had eaten a "late lunch" and wouldn't be hungry for dinner.

Apparently Joshua was unaware of this, because at 5:35 p.m., he came down the stairs completely dressed to go out for dinner...jacket in hand.

We ate dinner at home, and now are watching a movie as a family. Like I said, a whole lotta nothin' going on around here, and that's fiiiiine by me.

A couple of my friends are facing really, really difficult circumstances and it's breaking my heart.

I'm thankful for clean sheets, a warm bed, and a roof over our heads. I am thankful for our little closet. I am thankful for the ordinary days when I don't have anything spectacular to write about. I'm thinking that, if I have time for reflection at the end of my life...the "ordinary days" are the days I will miss the most.

"Satisfy us in the morning with Your steadfast love, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days." Psalm 90:14

No comments:

Post a Comment