Sunday, January 25, 2015

Weekend Update

This is a really boring post, but it is what it is. We've had a good weekend, but it hasn't been exciting by any means.

I got up and made muffins on Friday morning for Joshua.

The night before, he had told me that he was down to just two packages of Pop-Tarts. I thought it sounded odd, because I for sure thought he had a whole 'nother unopened box...but whatever. I told him I would make blueberry muffins. He smiled, kissed me goodnight...and went up to bed.

But when I got up on Friday morning and I opened the pantry...LOW AND BEHOLD...what do I see but two boxes of Pop-Tarts. The little stinker probably snickered to himself...thinking he had realllly pulled one over on me.

I made the muffins anyway. :)

In other news, even tho they've suggested it for a week...even tho they've hinted at it for days...even tho they warned us it was coming, but it wouldn't be the kind that kept kids from going to school...it did not snow here on Friday.

ARGHHHHH! And I mean "ARGHHHH" like when Charlie Brown says it.

Before my feet even hit the floor, I looked at my Twitter and it said it was snowing here. I got up and ran to the window. NO SNOW.

I'm not really a fan of bad weather. Ice reeks havoc on our community, and on the employees who work at the utility company. My daughter and son-in-law both commute 40 minutes each way to nursing school and work. I don't like them having to drive on slick roads. HOWEVER, a plain, ol' snow day...I wouldn't hate it. Especially if it's predicted and I have food and stuff that we need.

Don't tease us that it's coming...unless it's coming.

In other news, we bought Joshua a Play Station 4 for Christmas, and we got him a football game to go along with it. He has loved playing the game with Clark and Aaron. Joshua is pretty good at it and he beats Aaron quite often. Makes Aaron so mad! I could hear them in there talking smack with each other. Aaron said, "you'd better be quiet because I'm gonna run this ball right now...and you can't stop me."

And then I could hear Joshua saying, "heeheeheehee..."

On Saturday, Jim was up at THE crack of dawn. He had to run 10 miles. I can appreciate his dedication and all, but SATURDAY.

I never could go back to sleep, so I went ahead and got up. I had kind of tried to time how long I thought it would take Jim to run...and when he wasn't back, I thought I might have to use "find my phone" to find him. He ended up walking in right as I was getting ready. So thankful. I worry about him when he goes on any run, no matter how long. People are just crazy these days.

And he ran 11.2 miles. I'm so impressed.

Holly and Aaron came over and we watched the Razorbacks play basketball on tv. And then Holly and Aaron went home because they had plans. We got ready, and the rest of us went to meet Logan and Morgan for dinner at the Mexican restaurant which is our half-way point.

And I was one happy momma.

We hadn't seen them since January 4th. I know I'm being lame about it, being that I have friends whose sons are serving our country in lands far away...and 3 weeks seems like nothing. I know. And I feel for those mommas as well.

Time seems longer when you are the Mom.

"Let your father and your mother be glad, and let her rejoice who gave birth to you." Proverbs 23:25

No comments:

Post a Comment