Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Links For You: January 21, 2015

We had a quiet day today...I never left the house until tonight, when I went to choir practice. Holly spent the night with us last night, because Aaron-the-son-in-law went duck hunting...so we had her little dog, Marley, with us today while she was in nursing school. Joshua enjoyed hanging out with him, and "helping" with him. He calls Marley his "furry nephew." He took him outside for several "walks" around the yard, and played "fetch" with him.

We've enjoyed several nice weather days this week, but tomorrow is supposed to be cold and rainy. Not my favorite, but whatcha gonna do? I mean, it's WINTER, after all. Everyone is talking about how mild it's been...and it has, so far. I was transferring information from our 2014 calendar to our 2015 calendar the other day, and noticed that we had THREE ICE DAYS in January last year. I'm thankful we haven't had to deal with that yet, but I don't think winter is gone by a long shot.

And, you know, God made the seasons. I love living in Arkansas, because we get to experience all of them.

Sometimes we get to experience all of them in one week! Ha!

KIDDING.

But not really. 

Here are some links for you this week:

This post on finding meaning in the mundane.

This for when you feel like you're in a holding pattern..."God is growing us beneath the surface..."

Awesome answered prayer from the Shull family.

Is God calling you to adopt? Do you have questions? Another post from Shay.

This on how we sometimes miss out on friendship opportunities because of how we perceive others.

The mundane and the magnificent intersect around the table...this on the importance of the family meal.

You wanna talk blended families? My sweet friend, Katie, has these words for you from her own, personal story.

And, here is a blog that I recently found because someone sent me the link from IG. If you have a child with Down Syndrome, or know someone who does...or just want to see beeeea-utiful pictures of her family, then follow this blog. How cute are her kids?

If you've ever wondered about the benefits of friendship, this from Melanie Shankle. So precious. I don't know her or her friend, Jen, I just know that no prayer would be wasted that is spoken on Jen's behalf.

"Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD!" Psalm 27:14

No comments:

Post a Comment