Saturday, January 31, 2015

A Bunch of Randomness

We had a good Saturday. Jim got up early and ran 9 miles, and then came home and we made breakfast together. In the past few years, Jim has become really interested in his health and eating healthy foods. He goes ALL IN for anything he's doing. I've tried to help and accommodate his new lifestyle by cooking things a little differently...we still eat some of the same things, tho, just not as much.

He's been reading this book called Brain Grain, and now he's all about the gluten. OR THE LACK THEREOF.

And even tho he does not have an intolerance for gluten, he has requested some gluten-free items. I bought a gluten-free pancake mix the other day per his request. This morning, I had the pan out to make biscuits, but he asked about making the pancakes...so that's what we did. I went ahead and baked a few frozen biscuits for Clark and I. I am not a fan of pancakes, gluten or otherwise...and I just knew Clark would take one bite of the pancakes and say, "no thanky."

We didn't tell Clark the pancakes were gluten-free. He ate them, and he did ask me if this was the same recipe as always or a different one. Later, he told me that he did not like them AT ALL, but thought maybe I had just messed up making them...and he didn't want to hurt my feelings!

Holly and Aaron-the-son-in-law came over and we watched the Arkansas Razorbacks basketball game. We lost by one point to the officials. I cannot even talk about that call at the end.

Holly and Aaron hung out here all afternoon. She was studying for a big test she has on Monday, and he played PS4 with Joshua and watched tv with Jim. Clark and Faith came over and got out the paint and a canvas...and worked all afternoon on an art project for her bathroom.

We all went to dinner and came back home...and that's our day in a nutshell.

Just a few random things:

After we finished our dinner, we kind of stacked up some of the plates in the middle of the table...something that Jim does not like. He thinks it's something you're not supposed to do, and he's probably right. I don't really think the people who work cleaning up the tables at the restaurant care that we stack the plates. In fact, they probably like it, because it helps them. And, in the words of Joshua: "we're Garland's...we stack. It's who we are." 

Also, we are dangerously close to being out of Head Country BBQ sauce and this is serious business around here. It's made in Oklahoma, and it's hit-and-miss on finding it around here. BUT I'M LOOKING.

I did not know that UGGS made boots for men that LOOK JUST LIKE THE BOOTS THEY MAKE FOR WOMEN. But they do. The gentleman in front of me at the post office had on a pair.

I posted this on IG (martythemoose) and Facebook, but the other day I was in the Lifeway store in Little Rock, and I was looking for Sophie Hudson's new book, "Home Is Where My People Are." I couldn't find it anywhere...until I did. On the bottom shelf.

WHAT IN THE WORLD?

They have a "top shelf" with all really great books on them...but they've had their time in the sun...so I moved all but two copies of Sophie's book to the top shelf. I bought 2 copies. 

And, anyway, I'm probably not gonna be able to go back to that store for a while.

Which is a shame, because it carries all manner of ALL THE STUFF that I love. :)

Totally worth it, tho. Get her book!

"Don't you know that your body is a sanctuary of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought at a price. Therefore glorify God in your body." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment