Sunday, February 1, 2015

Super Bowl Sunday, Or...RUN THE DANG BALL!

Today started off GREAT!

We had a great day at Sunday School (small group) and church...even tho it was cooooollllld and rainy.

There's an old saying in my denomination that goes, "for every drop of rain that falls, a Southern Baptist stays home from church."

Well, NOT TODAY! We had a full house both services! And we don't even have a senior pastor at this time (he resigned 4 months ago)!

We came home and had FFYS for lunch. That's Fend For YourSelf. We have it quite often on Sundays. We typically have re-runs (that's what Joshua calls left-overs) or whatever we can fix quickly for ourselves, and it's awesome. We like to get into our comfy clothes really fast and get settled for a quiet day really fast.

Which. We did.

After we rested and read the paper and stuff, I got up and cleaned the kitchen, made some cookies and some peanut-butter balls dipped in chocolate...and some buffalo chicken dip. I got everything out and ready for the game. Holly and Aaron, Clark and Faith, all joined us for dinner. Jim ordered pizza. And OH MY WORD HOW BORING IS THIS POST?

We ate. We cheered for the Seahawks. They lost. The end.

Back when I was young, my Dad was stationed in Tacoma, Washington. My brother became a HUGE Seahawks fan. I remember that he had Seahawks bedding and Seahawks curtains and a Seahawks trash can. He was so cute. So we, my family, always try to cheer for the Seahawks.

ANYWAY, their coach made a stupid play call at the end of the game and lost the game for the team and there was wailing and gnashing of teeth.

And lots of yelling.

Not the good kind of yelling.

And there may or may not have been some Downsy bad words from Joshua who said, and I quote, "DON'T THROW THE BALL...RUN IT IN." And ended the night by saying, "dumbest play ever."

In other news: I think Maggie must read my blog, because the last two nights in the garage? No poo-poo.

"I will be glad and rejoice in Your unfailing love..." Psalm 31:7

No comments:

Post a Comment