Sunday, April 5, 2015

Spring Break 2015: The End. Amen.

We were almost home from the beach when Jim said, "we need to be thinking about dinner."

Here are my Spring Break 2015 updates: here, here, here, here, here, here, here.

Less than an hour away from HOME, Jim was hungry, annnnnnd he had to go to the bathroom. He decided that we should eat at one of our family's favorite restaurants that's about 35 minutes from where we live...and he headed there. It was the middle of 5 o'clock traffic on a Friday, and Jim was driving like Mario Andretti. Or whoever you young kids talk about. He was a man on a mission. On two missions, really: dinner...and a bathroom.

And not necessarily in that order.

Holly called Aaron-the-son-in-law, and he met us at the restaurant. We also saw some of our long-time friends there, so it was really a wonderful, random surprise at the end of our trip.

After dinner, we headed straight home. In 10 minutes, we had both vehicles unloaded and I had started my first load of laundry.

TEN MINUTES, PEOPLE.

Hold up a minute and let me rest on my high mountain while my family rises up to call me bless-ED.

Okay. The moment's over.

I went to bed at the ripe, old time of 9:30 at night...and when I woke up 9 hours later, I was in the exact.same.position.

That's some good sleepin' right there.

Which, it was good that I got all rested and all, because I was going to need all of my strength to keep me from choking the ones that I love...after seeing what they left me in the laundry room.

See...the whole purpose, IN MY MIND, of having a washer and dryer at the condo.at.the.beach, was to wash everything up before we left...so that we...and by "we" I mean, "I," wouldn't have to spend the better part of a solid day when we got back home...washing clothes from our trip.

So that I would be able to jump into what was left of our Spring Break with everyone else.

Because, last night, WHEN WE HAD JUST GOTTEN HOME FROM THE BEACH, and Clark started talking about going down to see his grandparents today, I was thinking, 'there is no way...NO WAY...I would EVER consider jumping back in the car for a 2 hour trip, after being in the car for nearly 10 hours yesterday. You know...BC OF ALL THE STUFF.

I had so much STUFF to do just to get things back in order.

Emphasis on "I."

Because even tho I did all of our laundry and changed the sheets before we left on our trip, I knew there would be unpacking, rearranging, grocery shopping, putting-of-the-up of things, and the general getting-everything-back-in-order stuff to do when we got home.

And, last night, before I went to bed, I washed two loads of clothes and things were pretty much back to normal.

But then I woke up this morning...and I walked into the laundry room because the door was wide open. When I couldn't get it to shut, I looked to see why...and I nearly burst into tears. There was a MOUNTAIN of laundry that most definitely wasn't there last night...and I had to fight the urge not to stomp upstairs and have a COME TO JESUS meeting with two of our boys.

But Clark and Faith went ahead and left this morning. It didn't seem to bother them at ALL that I was knee-deep in LAUNDRY THAT WASN'T MIND BECAUSE I WASHED ALL MY STUFF AT THE CONDO BEFORE I PUT IT ALL IN MY BAG.

And, also, some of the stuff on the floor of my laundry room? Pretty sure I never saw anybody wear it the whole entire week.

Apparently it's easier to just throw things on the floor to be washed...than to put them in a drawer.

I loved, loved, LOVED our time together on Spring Break, and even tho it took me a minute to recover from the trip, I wouldn't trade that time for anything.

"And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today. Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up." Deuteronomy 6:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment