Thursday, April 9, 2015

Easter 2015

We had a great Easter this year. It's hard to believe it's our 2nd Easter in our new church building.

And, what a difference a year makes. Last year, we were hoping and praying for dry weather, so the parking lot could be poured before Easter. This year, the building and the grounds are complete. Some creative person and her team of elves decorated our church lobby area beautifully. They even set up a little area where people could take pictures of their family...they made a beautiful backdrop of frames that hung from the ceiling. We didn't have our family's picture made and I regret it. I took a picture of Clark and Faith...and one of Aaron and Holly, tho.

Speaking of Holly, she had to be at church by 7 a.m. because she was on Praise Team. I got there around 7:15. for choir. We had 3 morning services, and the Praise Team and choir sang for all three. It.was.awesome!

I loved all of the music we did...and the sermon was great. We don't have a senior pastor right now, but you sure haven't been able to tell it by our attendance...which makes me so happy. A church should never be about any man...it should always be about Christ. We've had a man named Greg Addison preaching off and on for the past couple of months. He is "on loan" from the Arkansas Baptist State Convention, and he is doing a great job of bringing the Word, and providing consistency in the life of our church.

So, on Saturday night, I had gotten everything ready for Sunday lunch. I had boiled the eggs for deviled eggs. I made a hash-brown casserole. I made a green bean dish. I bought a ham, and got it all prepared.

Jim and Joshua went to the early service at 8 a.m. I didn't get home until 12:30, but he had everything pretty much ready when I got here. I didn't invite Holly and Aaron over for lunch, because there's not one thing I made that Aaron would eat. Except...maybe a roll. But Holly called and they wanted to come over and eat. They went by and picked up chicken for Aaron, and then came over. It was great to have them here.

They even stayed for a couple of hours after lunch. Everyone fell out in different chairs/couches and crashed.

I love holidays...all of the special days that go on during the year. I just love any day that we can make special for someone else, don't you?

I love, love, LOVE Christmas...everything about it. I mainly love the fact that, for our family, it's a celebration of the birth of Jesus. And Easter just continues the story. Without Jesus' birth, there would be no Easter. Easter is about Jesus dying on the cross for my sins, and yours...but it's also about that He rose again to life on the 3rd day! He defeated sin and satan, and He provided a way for us to live forever in Heaven with Him.

All I could think of all day was how undeserving I am of His great sacrifice, and His great love.

"See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!" 1 John 3:1

No comments:

Post a Comment