Wednesday, May 7, 2014

May the 4th

This Sunday was Star Wars day. You know...May the 4th be with you?

It was also the dedication day for our new church building. Apparently, this whole moving/relocating process started as a seed of an idea or a dream given by God...years and years ago. Like 12 years ago.

I guess it goes without saying that there have been many lessons learned during this process. We've only been members here a year, and it's overwhelming to think that there are probably those who voted for this move, prayed over it, paid into it, invested in it, prepared for it...who never got to see it all come to fruition.

Whoa. Can we say, Moses? (which, I know he disobeyed and all of that...you just get my drift, right?)

Talk about the need to see beyond ourselves...and beyond this day.

Holly and I sang in the choir for both services. There were video messages from a pastor from another church here in our town...as well as a really nice message from former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee.

Side note: my mother-in-law calls him Mike Hucklebee...so there's that.

Anyway the staff had invited lots of former pastors and staff members to attend. It was cool.

Anyway, it was a great service. I really enjoy being back in choir. I've missed it. It's taking some getting used to...the worship pastor and the other choir members and how things are done here. But it's really fun, and I love that it's something Holly and I can do together. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get kicked out at some point, tho. People here just don't get my humor and Holly is always telling me, "shhh...MAAAAAHHHMMM."

Like, the other day, I was wearing this wooden bead necklace. The beads are painted a pretty mint green color. The lady next to me apparently makes jewelry, and so she asked if she could "feel my beads." It took everything in me not to say, "only if you take me to dinner first."

I know. I'm so bad.

I am thankful for my church. I am hopeful it will be a place that will not only shepherd and teach and shape MY heart, but also the hearts of my children...and maybe even future grandchildren.

And I hope I never forget the sacrifices others made to pay it forward...so that my family could benefit.

"And let us...not stay away from our worship meetings, as some habitually do, but encourage each other..." Hebrews 10:24-25

No comments:

Post a Comment