Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

I had a really sweet Mother's Day.

I think of my Mom every day, so having a holiday to remember her...well, it's just not necessary. As bad as it sounds, I tried to push a lot of her memories out of my mind yesterday. I love her and am thankful for her influence in my life. She definitely left us a legacy of faith...and for that, I am so grateful.

I miss her terribly...I just didn't want to be sad all day!

We got up and went to church. We didn't stay for Sunday School, but instead left, went through the drive-thru and brought home chicken. I knew it would be a mad-house at any "nice" restaurant, and Jim and two of the boys had already taken me out for dinner on Saturday night.

Clark and Faith had gotten me...well, they shopped together for the materials, but Faith actually made...a burlap wreath for our front door. She placed a large G in it. I love it! They gave it to me a over a week ago. Joshua gave me a vase that he made at Therapeutic Recreation. I love, love, love it! And Holly gave me two pieces of cookware. Let me tell you, after nearly 34 years of marriage, I NEED IT! It is really nice and so pretty! I used both dishes tonight at dinner! :) Logan couldn't come home...OR SO HE SAID. He had one more final to take...writing a final paper, and it was due on Monday.

Well, after we all went to dinner last night, Clark needed gas and I needed a few things from the grocery...so we went to take care of those things. As we pulled onto our street, coming home, Clark loudly cleared his throat a couple of times, and so I looked at him. He nodded his head down the street...in the direction of our house. I saw a car...from where we were, I couldn't tell if it was in our driveway or our neighbor's. But by the way Clark was smiling, I knew it was at our house. I said, "is that my Logan?"

It was!

What a great surprise!

I know this day is sad for many women. Those who always wanted to be a mom, but it never happened. Those who are still waiting. Those who've lost a child through death or divorce...or even abduction. Those who've given up a child. Those whose Moms have passed away. My heart aches for you.

My life has been immeasurably blessed by women who have mothered my children in my absence: doctors, teachers, nurses, therapists, wal-mart workers, friends, AWANA helpers, aunts, grandmothers, and other moms. There are always children who need love, care and attention.

And I am thankful for other women, moms or not, who have walked this path with me...at different times...some staying longer than others. They have blessed my life so much!

Thankful for the opportunity to be a mom to our 4 children. I love them all dearly.

"...let her who gave birth to you rejoice." Proverbs 23:25

No comments:

Post a Comment