Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Black Out Wedding and Deviled Eggs

Jim took Joshua into Little Rock for Therapeutic Recreation this morning. Jim had a meeting. That allowed me to stay at home and get a few things done around here, and time to visit with Logan. Around lunch-time, we decided to head down to LR because we needed to order the tuxes for the wedding. Logan was the only one who hadn't been measured yet.

I went with Jim, Joshua and Clark on Friday, and they all got measured. When Joshua found out that the tuxes were black, he said, "I didn't know Logan's wedding was going to be a 'black-out.'"

I don't know if y'all do this, but around here on Friday nights...and during basketball season as well...the student section will sometimes decide what the fans should wear. When they say it's a "white-out," that means everyone wears white. When it's a "black-out," everyone wears black...t-shirts, hoodies, sweaters, etc.

Pretty funny that Joshua related the black tuxes to a "black-out."

At a wedding.

Hahahahahaha...

Altho I have heard of brides and grooms who request that their guests wear certain colors. But Logan and Morgan's wedding? Not like that at all.

NOTTHATTHERESANYTHINGWRONGWITHTHAT.

In other news, my mother-in-law sent home a large ham home with Jim. I appreciate it so much, but we aren't really HAM PEOPLE. I can eat a slice or two on Easter or something, but one of those big, ol' things? Umm...no. I usually buy a small boneless ham, and our family can eat it all in one meal and not have any left-overs. It's perfect.

But I had this gigantic dinosaur of a bone-in ham in my frig that I had to use...so I made it last night. I decided to go all Easter-ish, and make the green bean casserole that Logan loves so much...and deviled eggs that Jim loves so much...to go along with it. I asked Joshua if he wanted a deviled egg, and he said, "okay." As we were finishing the meal, he said, "whOO...that egg is TAR..." He looked at me, and thought he might have hurt my feelings, and added, "but it was good...just a little TAR." I'm sure I was staring at him.

First of all, it's SO UNCOMMON for him to not like what I fix. He always loves everything and is usually so complimentary.

I looked at Logan and he said, "it's what?" Joshua said, "TAR. It's good...just a little tar." Logan said, "what does that mean, Joshua?" And Joshua said, "it has a twang."

I guess he was trying to say, "tarT." That's the only thing we can figure.

Like many of Joshua's "isms," we're gonna be using that word a LOT.

"I will sing about the LORD's faithful love forever..." Psalm 89:1

No comments:

Post a Comment