Thursday, May 29, 2014

Mixed Emotions

I just want to say how thrilled I am that Morgan is officially joining our family. I have prayed for her since Logan was born, and I feel like she is the right person for him to marry. She is the perfect help-meet for him, and I think their marriage will bring them...and others...much joy.

But I had a moment last night...after everyone went to bed.

Well, Logan was still up watching a soccer game on TV. I tried to stay up and watch it with him, but I was too tired and went back to bed. Jim was already asleep. Joshua and Clark went upstairs hours ago. The house was quiet, except for when I could hear Logan whispering excitedly, "yessss! yesss!" when his team made a goal.

And that's when it hit me, and the tears began to fall...because even tho I am so, so happy...I am also very sad.

There's just something about mothers and sons...am I right?

Anyone?

And I love my daughter with all my heart, but I always knew that even when she married...she would still be our girl.

But my boys?

THIS boy?

I can hardly stand it. I love him so much. Just like I love my other two boys.

But they aren't getting married in just a few days, and Logan is.

It's not like I wasn't expecting this. Logan and Morgan have dated for 5 1/2 years. It's time for this next step, and they are ready to be married.

And I've been the "other woman" since the first day he laid eyes on Morgan. He gave her his heart that day, and I watched it happen.

And I was thrilled, and so happy.

And so sad.

I think part of it is that I still see him as that little blonde-headed, blue-eyed boy who looked up at me like I was his everything.

And now, here we are. Just days before he will give himself to her, and promise to love her and protect her and be responsible for her...forever.

She will be his everything.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm so proud of him.

"The man said, 'this one, at last, is bone of my bone, and flesh of my flesh...'" Genesis 2:23

No comments:

Post a Comment