Friday, May 16, 2014

Karaoke Night at Therapeutic Recreation

It's Friday here, which is praise in and of itself. Can I get an "Amen?"

I got up and fixed Clark's lunch for school. Not many more days of that, thank goodness. I don't mind fixing the lunches, it's just that by this time of year...he's bored with what I fix. I don't blame him at all. I'm bored with it all, too.

He gets on kicks. Like, for about 4 months, he would ONLY eat Chipotle Deli-Chicken on his sandwiches...and he wanted TWO sandwiches. When football ended and track started, he said he only wanted ONE sandwich.

Okay.

Then, he said he didn't want deli chicken anymore. He wanted peanut-butter.

Okay.

He wanted Flaming Hot Cheetos, and I was going to the grocery twice a week to make sure I didn't run out of them. All of a sudden, he doesn't want those anymore. Now he wants these kettle-corn jalapeno chips.

Or maybe kettle-corn barbeque chips.

He wanted Powerade to drink. Yellow for every day. Blue for game days.

No. Uh-huh. Not anymore. Now he wants water.

I know...these are my problems?

This weekend, Logan has gone with 2 of his friends to float a river and camp. It's kind of his bachelor party thing. None of the other guys could come. I'm 6 kinds of worried about the whole thing. We've had a ton of rain and they will be floating a very fast river...and then camping on the way. Last I heard, they were renting one large canoe and floating together.

If you're keeping count, that's 3 large bowies...young men...in one canoe with all of their gear and supplies. If they tump over...

And tonight, Joshua's group of friends were having their end-of-the-year karaoke night. Jim and I took him and dropped him off there...and then we went out for dinner, just the two of us.

I know, right? Shocker.

I wore a name-tag.

JUST KIDDING.

After dinner, we came back home. Clark and Faith had gone on a date, and they agreed to pick up Joshua and bring him home.

He said that he had a great time. He didn't want to sing...he just wanted to dance. He and Jenni danced to FROZEN and they all danced to a Michael Jackson song. And friend Julia sang "Hopelessly Devoted to You" and dedicated it to Joshua.

Yeah.

That went over well.

"Sing for joy to God our strength..." Psalm 81:1

No comments:

Post a Comment