Wednesday, May 21, 2014

10 Days

So, Logan's wedding is in 10 days! TEN DAYS!

Eeek!

I think we have everything pretty much together and ready. Tuxes, grooms' gifts, caterer, hotel...all of the typical groom stuff.

My sister, Leanne, is helping with our rehearsal dinner. Thank the LORD. I am not creatively gifted AT ALL. She knows it, I know it...we all know it. She has organized and planned for all the decorations we will use. We were thinking she would come on Thursday before the wedding, and we would knock out most of the decorating.

But due to a change in the schedule at one of her kids' schools, she's not going to be able to come early.

EEEK!

That is going to leave Holly and I...and Jim and Joshua and Clark...and whoever else I can wrangle into helping...putting everything up. I hope I can do it all justice, and come close to recreating what Leanne has in her mind.

I'm trying not to freak.

I know it will all be okay.

We had a good day today. Logan and Morgan spent the day taking care of things with their housing and returning books to school and GETTING THEIR MARRIAGE LICENSE!

Holly had class, but she came over after lunch to lay out.

Side note: Holly took this big test on Monday in her nursing class. She needed to make a 94% to keep her grade and she was stressed to the max about it. We have all been praying over it, and she's been studying for weeks. She said that she woke up Monday morning with a supernatural sense of peace. Even her husband couldn't figure it out! Well, we found out yesterday that she made a slick 100% on the test! Thank you, LORD! She got the notification when we were at the hair salon yesterday, and we both screamed! It was the best day! She did her part, for sure, but God definitely showed out in this situation!

Back to today...Clark's girlfriend, Faith, ended up coming, too. We had a nice time visiting. Today is Holly and Aaron's 3rd wedding anniversary. In some ways, it seems like yesterday when they got married. In other ways, it seems like they've always been.

Joshua came outside but he refused to take off his shirt or sit with us. He sat in the shade and was a grump. I always post the fun things he says and does...and he is precious, don't get me wrong.

He is also extremely stubborn.

He has determined in his mind that he will not step a toe in the pool until after he gets back from his camp...which will be around June 7...and no amount of encouragement and prodding is changing his mind.

But the rest of us had a ball today. Clark came home right after school, and we all hung out until time for Holly and I to go to choir.

I love relaxing days when the weather is pretty...and I love when the kids are here having fun.

"Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think..." Ephesians 3:20

No comments:

Post a Comment