Thursday, May 8, 2014

Sunday Afternoon Swimming

After our big Sunday church dedication was over, we came home and had lunch. Actually, they were serving lunch at our church, but there were so many people there. It was gonna be a while! We opted to hit a drive-thru, and went home to eat.

In about 30 minutes, Holly and Aaron came in the door with their lunch. They ate and we spent the rest of the day together. Holly had to study, and Aaron wants nothing more than to be in the pool...so she took her books outside and they were both happy campers. At some point, Clark came home and he got in the pool with everyone else.

Joshua, on the other hand, is as stubborn as a mule. I have mentioned numerous times how he loves routine. HIS routine. He likes to have every minute of every day scheduled. Example: lunch at noon, snack at 3, dinner at 6. And a bunch of other stuff in between. He also has his gym routine worked out by days, and if I ask how long he ran or what he lifted, invariably he will say, "Tuesdays are ab days. Don't run on Tuesdays."

Or something to that effect.

Anyway, he has determined in his mind that he will not get in the pool until AFTER he gets back from camp...which will be the first weekend in June. I doubt that any amount of prodding and pleading will change his mind. Even Aaron-the-Joshua-whisperer is not having any luck.

Aaron loves to dive, and so he was trying to get Joshua involved by asking him to "rate" his dives. Aaron would do a simple dive or mess one up and Joshua would give him a 9. But a more complicated dive with flips and twists? Joshua was unimpressed and would say, "6". Aaron said, "hey, Joshua...explain to me your rating system. When I do a simple dive, you give me a high score, and when I do hard dives where I am risking my life...you give me a low score. What's it gonna take?"

Joshua said, "well, how bad do you want that 10?"

Hahahahahahahahaha...

Also, while I sat outside with Joshua, he talked about his muscles. He works hard on his physique and he's pretty proud of it. He likes to think he is strong and muscular, and he is. "More muscle-y-er," as he would say. He was showing me his arm muscles, and so I pulled up the sleeve of my shirt and showed him mine. He took put his hand on my little bicep and said, "that's your cooking muscle."

And he did his "air quotes" over the words "cooking muscle."

Somehow that made it even worse!

"I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth." Ps 34:1

No comments:

Post a Comment