Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Paint and Twist and Let It Go

Today, Joshua's Therapeutic Recreation (TR) group went to a place called "Painting With A Twist." Joshua called it, "Paint and Twist."

Anyway, their advertising says, "a little bit of paint, a little bit of wine..."

THAAAAAAAAAT's what you want...all the friends drinking wine.

Don't worry...they didn't! It's just one of those places where everyone paints a canvas and they have people there to help. They do it in stages and explain it step-by-step so that it's easier. You can bring any kind of food/drink that you want, and Joshua said they took a break in the middle of painting for people to have snacks.

I don't know that the TR group brought any snacks, altho I DO know that, as a rule, the TR group is HIGH ON THE EATING OF THE SNACKS.

I was tickled for Joshua to get to go to this place, and he had a great time. He showed me the "campus" (canvas) that he painted. I think it looks great! It's a stick tree with some birds on it. He told me that he's giving it to Logan and Morgan for a wedding present. :) He said that some of the friends were telling him to keep it for himself, but he said, "I painted it...I can do what I want with it."

Well, yes you can!

Holly and I are reading The Nester's book, "The Nesting Place," and it is SO GOOD. I had already planned on getting a copy of it for Morgan, since she and Logan are getting married in just 2 weeks. I think it will be a great resource for her as she starts putting her their home together.

Holly said I should give Morgan the book along with Joshua's canvas, and write on the back "it doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful." Just like it says on The Nester's book.

Why, I buh-leeeeve I will.

And then I picked up Joshua from TR, and, on the way home got a lesson from him on the spiritual truths he's discovered in the song, "Let It Go," from the movie, "FROZEN."

I'm gonna let that sink in a minute. My Downsie boy...my man-child...has pulled spiritual truths from a Disney movie.

If anyone ever needed proof he's my child.

Just sayin.

I wasn't really prepared for how much Joshua would like the movie, "FROZEN." He's never been much for animation of any kind...he likes shows with real people.

Or shows with ALF. He loved ALF.

But he loves "FROZEN." I have the CD in my playlist in my vehicle, and we listen to it on our way to/from Little Rock...two or three days a week.

That's a lot of "FROZEN."

So when he started to tell me things that he had learned, I listened.

Things like how we all try to "be good" and "conceal" our sins but that never works; how we can never be "good enough" on our own; how we need other people to encourage us in our lives; how the power of love is the greatest thing; how a selfless act of Another melted our hearts of ice and saved us from death; how there are things we try to be, but can never be and we need to let it go; how there are things in our lives that we worry and fret and have no control over...and we need to let those go; and how we don't need to care so much about what other people say/think.

Okay...so they aren't ALL spiritual truths. Some are just truths...can I get an AMEN?

"You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all of your heart." Jeremiah 29:13

No comments:

Post a Comment