Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Post Graduation

Today has been a blur. I'm almost caught up on the laundry. All of our company has gone home. Well, except for Holly. Aaron is on a business trip, so she and her dog, Marley, have been staying with us for several days. But she still has 26 more days of nursing school, so she was gone all day...and Marley stayed here.

I have been so draggy the past week or so. I knew I had a lot going on with graduation stuff...and I knew that my allergies were kind of reeking havoc on my body...but on Friday, I had kind of reached a point where I knew I probably needed to go to the doctor. But I pushed through until today, because I am never sick.

I decided to go to an urgent care place this morning. Jim calls it a "doc-in-a-box." Turns out I have a sinus infection, as I predicted...and she sent me home with FOUR DIFFERENT PRESCRIPTIONS, and instructions to "get some rest."

Don't you love the questions they ask you when they are getting your vitals? I was talking to Holly-the-future-nurse about it. I told her the nurse tech asked if I drank caffeine, and I said that I drank 1/2 of a diet Dr. Pepper before I left this morning. She asked if I smoked, and I quoted Joshua when I replied, "why would I?" She asked if I drank alcohol, and I said, "never, but I might drink a bunch of somethin' when I get outta here." She asked if I had taken any medication, and I told her that I took Benadryl last night, but I didn't like to take it very much because my kids said it made me talk out of my head.

She just looked at me and said, "duly noted."

And then I went to the Kroger pharmacy that I told them I used, and even tho she repeated what I said back to me...she apparently called it in to the wrong Kroger, so I had to wait 30 minutes for it to be filled. And it was a Tuesday.

At Kroger.

Can you say CROWDED?

Also, they have this little line that is roped off at the pharmacy counter. There's a sign that tells you to stay back at a certain area FOR PRIVACY REASONS FOR THE CUSTOMER AT THE COUNTER, and this woman was totally up in my grill the ENtire time.

I might have been feeling a little cranky. Or, as the girl in Holly's nursing class says, "crunchy." I was feeling a little crunchy.

Anyway, I got my meds and picked up Chick-Fil-A for lunch for my boys. My father-in-law turned 80 today (I posted a picture on my Facebook and on my IG: martythemoose). Clark and Faith-the-girlfriend decided they wanted to go down to the Lakehouse and celebrate with him, so that's what they did.

We ordered Chinese food, because Holly doesn't get it very often...and we had a good night. Clark and Faith went out to dinner with my in-laws, and were sending us pictures all night. They had picked up a little cake on the way into town, and they sent us pictures of everyone singing Happy Birthday to my father-in-law, and of him blowing out the candles. I am really glad they spent his 80th birthday with him.

I'm hoping for a good night's sleep and new energy for tomorrow!

"It is because of the Lord’s mercy and loving-kindness that we are not consumed, because His [tender] compassions fail not." Lamentations 3:22

No comments:

Post a Comment