Monday, May 4, 2015

A Good Day

Well, today has been awesome really nice literally the best day ever okay.

I read an article on Twitter this morning on the 15 words you need to drop from your writing to be successful. Or something along those lines. Things like not using the word, "awesome," unless you, like, see the Pope...or maybe Baby Princess Charlotte...because that WOULD be awesome. Also, it said something about not using the word, "literally." Or words like" totally" and "absolutely." And something else about not using the words, "really" and "that." And the word, "like."

Like, I literally can't remember because I read it, like, really early this morning.

Clark did not have to be at school until 11:30 for his AP Psychology final. It would've been really quiet this morning, if Jim hadn't left the house before 5 a.m. to go on a run.

Jim left for work this morning on an over-night business trip. And I don't know what it is, or if it's just me...but knowing that he wouldn't be home for lunch, or anytime in the afternoon, or for dinner...made it a relaxing day.

Not that I LIKED the fact he wouldn't be home. That's not the case. It's just that I had some things I need to get at the store, but the kids and I can make it okay with what we have here. If Jim was going to be here, I would've gone to the store...and I would've spent the afternoon working on dinner prep.

Instead, I spent some time reading this morning...and I spent some time writing. I made blueberry muffins for Joshua's breakfast. I did some laundry, cleaned up my kitchen, watered the plants, refilled the hummingbird feeder, talked with Clark, and even walked him out to his car...all while in my pajammas.

It.was.glorious.

We had re-runs for lunch. Holly came over, and she and Joshua ate the left-over BBQ ribs Jim brought home from his parent's house.

I know this is a riveting update.

Holly spent today doing paperwork for nursing school. She is on the down-hill slope...only a little over a month left until she's a full-fledged RN!

After lunch, Holly, Joshua and I sat outside in the sun for an hour, because it was such a nice day.

Holly had a 2nd interview tonight for a position in the NICU at the hospital. She was super (another no-no word) excited about it, and not nearly as nervous as she was for her first interview! I had told her that I would help in any way, if she needed me. I offered to drive her in, so she wouldn't have to drive by herself at night (I didn't know Aaron's schedule). I offered to go early with her, with Joshua and Clark, and us all have dinner before...and then wait until her interview was over. And I offered to drive her in and take her to Aaron's work, so that they would only have one car.

In the end, Aaron drove back home to get her...and they went to dinner together. Aaron took her to the hospital, and picked her up after her interview was over. Which is exactly what I had hoped they would do...it was the best way.

And I got to stay home, so...SCORE!

Holly said that she was confident in her interview, and felt really positive about it. She said there was nothing more she could do...so now she waits.

And then tonight, Jim, my homebody husband, decided to skip out on the after-meeting activities at his business meeting...and he came home. :)

Did I say it has been a good day?

Because it has.

"So teach us to number our days, that we may present to You a heart of wisdom." Psalm 90:12

No comments:

Post a Comment