Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Joshua: Women, Cat-Fights & Stereotypes

The other morning when Joshua and I were in the car, he brought up something about Hillary Clinton.

He said, "If she wins for President, she will make history as the first woman President."

I said, "That is right."

He said, "She would make history as the first one...a lady President."

I'm not really sure how much of the democratic process he understands, but I said, "Actually, there are more women in the running besides Hillary Clinton."

He said, "oh really?"

I said, "In fact, if a woman won the Republican nomination, and Hillary Clinton won the Democratic nomination...there would be TWO WOMEN running against each other to be the President of the United States!"

He looked at me and said, "TWO WOMEN? ME-OWW! CAT-FIGHT."

Annnnnnd there's your sign that stereotypes are still alive and well in the good ol' U.S. of A...or maybe he's just watched too many episodes of Seinfeld.

 "If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." Romans 12:18

No comments:

Post a Comment