Sunday, May 24, 2015

Special O 2015 (continued)

Post continued from yesterday, because I didn't even tell you that Joshua won THREE GOLD MEDALS for his efforts in Powerlifting!

But guess what? HE DID!

He was pretty excited, but as he posted on Facebook, he doesn't want the spotlight.

Yeah, right. 

Actually, here is the copy of his exact Facebook post. It's "more funnier" if you read it how he's punctuated it....pausing for periods and apostrophes and stuff.

I don't want the spot light or the praise. But I will say to you all who has encouraged me the whole way. I only compete for the honor and glory of the only one who has gave me these gifts and talents and abilities of power lifting. I will give up the spot light. Because I don't want it. Because it's not me who get's the credit. It is The Lord himself who get's the spot light. I thank you all. And God bless.

He is so funny.

I also posted some pictures of him on my Facebook and IG (martythemoose).

He had such a big day...he got to see a ton of people he knew. Everyone at the Powerlifting venue bragged on how much weight he lifted...being that he weighed in at a whopping 117.2. 

After he got his medals, we all loaded up and went to lunch. And then Jim and I, Joshua, Clark and Faith...all headed to our home...and Jim's parents headed to theirs. When we got home, we came rushing in and started packing and loading our car as fast as we could. Jim and Joshua grabbed our geriatric, Black Lab, Maggie, jumped in the Burb, and headed down to the Lakehouse. Maggie is spending a few days with the grandparents, because we are heading down to see my sisters and brother in Texas! I am SO EXCITED!

I keep in touch with my family a lot...probably talk to them every other day AT LEAST. But I don't get to SEE them a lot. 

Clark and I finished up loading my vehicle, got gas...and then headed down to meet up with Jim and Joshua. We ended up having to take two cars, because we can't all ride comfortably in one. We got to my sister's house about 10 p.m. Aaron and Holly, Logan and Morgan, arrived about 10 minutes later.

We stayed up way too late and laughed way too much. So very thankful to be here with my family.

"I thank you all. and God bless." (wink!)

"Haven’t I commanded you: be strong and courageous? Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment