Wednesday, May 20, 2015

My Garage Smells Like Death

Just a quiet Wednesday around here. Holly left this morning for class, and we kept her dog for her. I made Lemon Poppy-Seed Muffins for breakfast, and we took it easy this morning. I am feeling some better.

We have to put our geriatric, Black Lab, Maggie Mae, in the garage anytime it storms, because she is terrified of storms. Jim gets all kinds of weather alerts on his phone, like, "lightning detected 10 miles away from your location."

Thank you, but we already know this...because Maggie will be about to lose her mind, whining and scratching at the door.

Before Jim left for work this morning, he had to shovel out a little present Maggie left us in the night. IF she's going to gift us in this way, it is always in the same place: right beside my driver's side door. Right where I need to step to get in my car.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

Anyway, I brought her in and put her in the back yard, and she stayed there for...ummmm...30 minutes or so. She started whining and scratching at the back door, so I put her back in the garage. Unfortunately for me, she had just eaten a huge breakfast. That, combined with about 3 loud claps of thunder...well, now our garage smells like death.

You put two and two together.

(actually, if you put two and two together, and add two more on top of that, and wind 3 more around in a swirly pattern...)

(I know. Gross)

(AT LEAST YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO SCOOP IT UP)

After lunch, Joshua and I went shopping. I had to get a couple of baby gifts for two girls in choir. While we were at this store, Joshua ended up finding a gift for Aaron. His birthday was over the weekend.

Holly and I went to choir, and it was really fun. We had a little party for the two girls from the alto section who are having babies soon.

And when I got home, I ate my potato.

Jim took the peels from the last time I fixed potatoes, and he planted them out in his garden. Apparently, there were two "eyes" in those peels, because we got two potatoes yesterday! One was really small, and the other one? Well, it was just tiny.

But I ate the small potato for my dinner after choir. And it.was.yummy.

I was really touched that Jim grew it for me...especially since I've written all about how he feels about "white potatoes."

"So then neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but God who causes the growth." 1 Corinthians 3:7

No comments:

Post a Comment