Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Clark's Appointment...Good AND Fun!

I know I mainly talk about Joshua on the blog, but Jim and I do have 3 other children.

A fact they never let me forget..."YOU HAVE OTHER CHILDREN, MOM."

It's a fine line to walk in the blog-o-sphere when it comes to my kids...I want to protect their privacy on certain things, but I also want to chronicle our lives for our family.

Our youngest child, Clark, is 18 years old and a Senior in High School. He was born 12 1/2 weeks prematurely, and I wrote about it here.

When he was 2 years old, he was diagnosed with cancer. I wrote about that here.

For the past 11 years (since he was declared "cancer free" at age 7), he has gone to Arkansas' Children's Hospital once a year for an oncology check-up...and today was that day.

As I pulled up in the parking lot, I got that nervous feeling.

And walking into the hospital and smelling that smell...I instantly felt that sick, butterfly-y feeling in my stomach. Ugh.

Will that ever go away?

We walked in and went straight to the Oncology clinic. There were several other "children" in the waiting room...all in various stages of cancer and treatment. Lots of littles with IV's...lots of little, bald heads.

Be still my heart.

We spent at least 45 minutes in the waiting room...before he had his vitals checked. Then we were put into ANOTHER waiting room...for 30 more minutes.

At least.

I'm not complaining. Clark is healthy and well. His girlfriend, Faith, was with him and she helped keep him distracted.

The doctor came in and he and Clark had ol' home week, discussing football, track, ACT scores and college choices.

Clark is doing well, but his doctor did not release him from the Oncology Clinic just yet. He said maybe one or two more years.

We are just so thankful. We have been going to ACH for 28 years. First, with Joshua, and then...for the past 16 years...with Clark. I can't say enough nice things about the people and professionals at ACH that God has used to minister to our family.

Not all of our appointments have been easy...not all of them have been fun.

But today?

Today was good...AND fun.

"I will sing the Lord’s praise, for he has been good to me." Psalm 13:6

No comments:

Post a Comment