Thursday, June 2, 2016

The Doctor, Choir Practice, and How I Want to Move to Downton Abbey.

We've had a pretty uneventful couple of days. Yesterday, Holly had a doctor's appointment. I told her that, if it would help her, I would drive her into Little Rock for her appointment...so she could relax, and not have to drive. I told her I would take her to meet up with Aaron-the-son-in-law at the doctor's office...and then Joshua and I would hang out together...shop, eat, etc., until they were done.

So that's what we did. I dropped her off, and then Joshua and I went to shop. We weren't there long before she texted, "all done...and Aaron can't stay for lunch," so we headed to pick her up. We went to Chuy's for lunch, and it was a lot of fun...and then we headed back home.

Well, first...we had to stop by the grocery.

But then I took Holly to her house and we unloaded her groceries...and CAN I JUST SAY HOW AWESOME IT IS THAT SHE LIVES 1 MINUTE AWAY FROM US NOW?

It is totally awesome.

We left Holly at her house to rest, and we came home...and Joshua and I unloaded OUR groceries.

I wasn't planning on going to choir practice. I won't be at church on Sunday, so I didn't think I needed to go to practice. But I also didn't want to miss, either. We always have such a good time. I didn't figure Holly would feel up to going, but she did...so I told her I would come get her. Jim wasn't going to be home in time to keep Joshua, so I took him with me.

This was the 2nd week in a row that I've brought Joshua with me to choir. He had such a good time last week, but I didn't know if he would want to go with me again. Well, without me saying anything, he came down the stairs right before time to leave...and he was shaved, dressed, and had his backpack on!

I'm so happy we went! We had a good time. Joshua said, "Bro. Rich is so funny!"

Everyone was really nice to Joshua, and several came up and spoke to him after practice. One man asked, "so...are you ready to be an uncle?" Joshua looked at him and said, "I already am." The man looked shocked, because he thought Holly was having our first grandchild...AND SHE IS...and so he said, "oh, you are?" And Joshua said, "I have a furry nephew." He was talking about Holly's dog, Marley.

It's just good to be with people who care about you...ya know?

And it's always good to sing! :)

Today, we hung out all day here at home. I did laundry, and exciting things like that. At lunch time, I texted Holly to let her know that Joshua and I were going to pick up Chick-Fil-A for lunch...and I asked her if she was interested.

She was.

We ate lunch here, and then hung out for a couple of hours.

We never really got on the whole Downton Abbey wagon. I don't know what we were doing at the time...life, I guess...but we never watched even one episode, back when it was first on TV. For the past TWO SUMMERS, Holly and I said that we were going to get the DVDs and watch them...but, it has not happened.

Well, several months ago, I bought the first season...and, so far this week, we've watched two episodes. We've had to stop and start it several times...trying to figure out who is who, and what the relationships are to each other. Whew! I need a chart to keep up!

There was a scene in the very first episode that kind of took me by surprise...and I had to distract Joshua real fast. Everyone says the series, as a whole, is so good...so I'll hang in there and keep watching for a while longer.

All I know is that I want us to sell everything we own, and move to that house...on that land. All of us. My whole family.

NOT.EVEN.KIDDING.

I wouldn't even need the servants.

Except for the ones who help with the horses. I don't have a clue about taking care of horses.

After dinner, Holly asked if Jim would come over, and bring the church pew Jim's mom gave her. And, she asked if he would hang a sign over the baby's crib...so we loaded the Burb and went over there. Jim and Aaron unloaded the pew. Jim hung the sign, and put together a stroller. Such a fun night.

We are getting excited to meet our baby!

"As a father shows compassion to his children, so the Lord shows compassion to those who fear Him." Psalm 103:13

1 comment:

  1. I'm behind in reading your blog, but I have to know - did you stick with Downton? I always recommend that you read along with the episode recaps on Wikipedia for the first few episodes. That gave me the "training wheels" I needed to learn the who's who. After about 4 episodes I was up and running and felt like I was among friends! I hope you enjoyed it even half as much as my friends and family have!

    ReplyDelete