Thursday, June 16, 2016

Camp: Hot OJ and Barbarians

Here's the post from yesterday.

My favorite thing about picking up Joshua from Camp Barnabas, besides picking Joshua up from Camp Barnabas, is hearing ALL THE STORIES on the way home.

Although, by the end of our trip, I was wishing there was a way I could've taken off my ears, and set them on the console for a minute. Ha!

Because Joshua's way of updating me...whether it's Camp, or Therapeutic Recreation, or the night he spent at Grandma's house...is minute-by-minute. He starts his re-cap from the time he is dropped off, and DON'T YOU DARE INTERRUPT HIM BY ASKING FOLLOW-UP QUESTIONS.

There are no follow-up questions until he is completely through with his "report."

It will not deter him...it will only frustrate him...and, in turn, it will frustrate YOU.

So, once we got in the car, he started..."well, after you left, we hanged around the cabin..."

HANGED AROUND THE CABIN. hahahahahaha...

He pulled out his notebook...the one he journals in. The one he brought with him to write down all God would teach him during these days at Camp.

He started reading...and it was like he was reading a menu. Instead of writing down new insights or things God was showing him...he had written down all of his MEALS. I was cracking UP. He kept asking me, "what's so funny?" but I couldn't tell him. It just reminded me so much of my Grandma Ellen, who, during breakfast, would say..."I know we aren't ready for lunch, but let's talk about lunch."

He typically rates his week at camp by how good the food was. This past week would get 4 out of 5 stars.

Why not 5 stars, you ask?

Because of the "hot OJ."

He said that every morning, they only had 2 choices of drink: water...or milk. My big guy likes Orange Juice with his breakfast. They typically have orange juice at camp, because, if not? I would've heard ALL about it by now.

But on the last morning, he was so excited. He said, "they had OJ!"

His joy was short-lived, tho. He said it was HOT.

Now, I don't know if they were having some sort of problem with the a/c or the refrigeration, or if my child is just being dramatic (surely NOT!). Maybe, since the guys eat their meals after the girls, the OJ had just been sitting out for a couple of hours or so...and it was warm.

REGARDLESS.

Or, as people tend to say around here: IR-regardless...

Joshua thought it was HOT...and he went ON AND ON about the "hot OJ."

He said, "they wanted me to drink HOT OJ? What do they think I am...a BARBARIAN?"


"Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment