Saturday, June 4, 2016

A Sweet Saturday

We have had such a sweet day.

Jim got up at the CRACK OF DAWN, as usual, and went on a run. Never mind the fact that yesterday was a blur of excitement, and we were up late...OR that it was RAINING outside this morning. Not much deters him from his runs.

Not me man. I LOOK for reasons not to exercise!

So, after his run, he came in, and jumped in the shower...and I got up to start breakfast. I had been thinking about making a breakfast casserole. I call it an "eggy-cheesey" casserole. I don't make those often for our family. I DO make them often for others. I thought I remembered that Clark liked it, so I got up earlier than I wanted to, because it takes a minute to put together...AND to cook.

Clark was already up and in the kitchen. That whole 13 hour time difference has messed up his sleeping pattern, and jet-lag is NO JOKE.

But I started on my dish. Clark ended up cooking the sausage for me, and I got the other ingredients together. We had it in the oven in no time. I also made cream gravy, and got out bacon for Jim to cook. Clark likes sausage okay...and he likes it in the breakfast casserole. But he LOVES bacon.

And, in a whole "if you give a moose a muffin" thing, if you have bacon...you have to have biscuits. And if you have biscuits...you have to have gravy.

So we did.

We had all of that.

Holly and Aaron-the-son-in-law came over mid-morning, and stayed for a while. They invited us to come over for dinner. Aaron was going to grill hamburgers. Holly and I ran to Hobby Lobby, and then I took her back to her house...and I came home to get things ready for dinner. I made baked beans and cheese dip.

We were able to eat on their new kitchen table.

After dinner, Jim, Clark, and Aaron all went to sit outside...and Joshua, Holly, and I sat inside. At one point, we looked out the window, and Jim and Aaron were going around the yard, pulling up weeds with their hands.

JUST.SIT.DOWN.PEOPLE.

Holly made cookies, and that brought the guys in for a minute.

It was just a nice, quiet night with our family. As always, we missed the ones who weren't able to be with us.

We are enjoying hearing all of Clark's stories from his trip...and he is telling us the Chinese word for every.item.in.our.house.

Which is not annoying at ALL.

Ha! So happy he's home!

"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit..." Matthew 28:19

No comments:

Post a Comment