Thursday, June 23, 2016

Baby Rhodie: The First Great Diaper Blow-Out

Baby Rhodie is doing GREAT! Really, he is.

We haven't seen him a lot, and it is KILLING me...but Aaron-the-son-in-law is off this week, and I feel like it's important for them to figure some things out as a family. Aaron can run the dishwasher and the washing machine and the vacuum just as easily as I can...and he can run out and grab any kind of food they are craving. He would probably welcome the opportunity to leave the house for a minute.

I have taken meals over, and items from the grocery. AND, I have offered to come over at any time...day or night or middle-of-the-night...to hold, rock, or entertain the baby.

So far...no takers...RATS.

But we have seen him every day, even if just for 30 minutes. Joshua and Clark are as smitten as we are...and Logan and Morgan would be here every night if they could.

The other night, we went over to visit with them. Rhodie was in his little swing. Holly was a little concerned, because he had not made a "big" diaper in nearly 24 hours, even tho he was eating consistently. I assured her that if he was hungry, he would be screaming his guts out...and not lying peacefully in his swing.

All of a sudden, we heard it. You moms know what I'm talking about: the sound that will bring moms running from the other side of the house: the sound of a "disturbance in the force."

Holly said, "I'll wait a second, to make sure he's done." Which, usually that is a good plan.

This day? NOTSOMUCH.

Because, when she went to pick him up, it was a mess...the swing, his clothes...and the floor, where she was standing. And then she walked through the living room, down the hall, and into the nursery...and his diaper "dripped" the whole way.

Um. Did I mention that they have WHITE CARPET in their new house?

No?

Well, they do

So, Holly started cleaning up the baby, and Aaron and Clark started cleaning up the carpet. Because Holly and Aaron have only been married 5 years, they don't have any old "rags" to use for cleaning, so Aaron was using carpet cleaner...and a roll of paper towels. And some napkins.

Bless.

And Joshua was acting super dramatic about all of it...like he thought baby poo was going to some how fly across the room, and land on him. I cleaned the swing, and then started washing the swing cover, and the clothes.

After everything was all cleaned up, Holly swaddled the baby, and put him in Joshua's arms. Rhodes laid there as still as a mouse. I'm sure he was thinking, "ahhhhh...I feel SO much better!"

Holly started writing a funny Facebook update about the whole thing, and she got so tickled. She started laughing, which made her stomach/incision hurt even more...and tears were running down her face. We looked over at Aaron, and he had his cell-phone out, looking up "places to get hardwood floors." And then, he got up, walked over to the far side of the room, and began pacing off the square-footage of the room.

I haven't laughed that hard in a while!

Baby poo on the floor...just one of many "first" parenting moments for this young family. At least this was at home...just wait until it's on aisle 4 at Kroger! Talk about embarrassing!

Don't ask me how I know!

(Also, don't ask my why I'm now avoiding Hershey's syrup and dijon mustard like the PLAGUE)

"He will once again fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy." Job 8:21

3 comments:

  1. LOL. It's a good thing there were so many people around to help with clean up - floor, swing, baby, clothes, etc. Rhodie is adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time visit to your blog and I am very interested in the articles that you serve. Provide enough knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful and don't forget, keep sharing useful info: pannolini misskappa

    ReplyDelete