Sunday, July 5, 2015

Questions For Jesus

We talk about Heaven a lot these days, Joshua and me.

On the way to Little Rock last week, we were having one of those conversations.

He said, "I wonder if Jesus got tired...with all the walking He did."
I said, "I don't know. Probably. But back in those days, they didn't know any other way. Some had camels or donkeys, but mostly, they walked."
Him: "uhhh...that would be a good question to ask Jesus...when I get to Heaven."
Me: "well, ya know, when we all get to Heaven, we are gonna see so many people and have such a good time with Jesus and God...we might not even think about things like that."

AND HE SAID, "When I get to Heaven, I'm gonna ask Jesus if His feet got tired with all of that walking."

And, even tho I know I should've just agreed with him and let it go...I said, "well, you can...but I doubt that you'll even think about it. You'll just be so excited to be there with everyone you love."

AND THEN HE SAID, "Yeah...I think that will be a pretty good question for me to ask Jesus: HEY, JESUS...did Your feet get tired with all of that walking?"

I could feel him staring at me...waiting for my response...and it took everything I had in me to just look ahead at the road and drive.

But I could feel him.

Oh, I could feel him...him and his beady brown eyes...

(blink...blink)

What would you ask Jesus?

Sometimes I think I'd like to ask about cancer. I mean, why?

But I know that there are probably things we've done..our society...which have brought these diseases into our world. And why do children have to suffer with this horrible disease? I mean, LITTLE CHILDREN.

I don't know the answer, but I do know, in our own case, with Clark...God showed up in a mighty way and was glorified through Clark's diagnosis and treatment.

Also, why can't people just die naturally, when they are old? Why is there suffering in death?

And, I know He still heals...why doesn't He heal everyone?

I know. Heavy.

But even tho I don't want to suffer in dying, and I SURE don't want to watch my loved-ones suffer as they die...I know the miracle that is the death of a Believer.

I probably won't have to ask Jesus about that one. Because Jesus knows a thing or two about suffering.

He suffered, and then He died. For you. And for me.

Even so...it's still so hard to watch someone you love be in pain.

On another note, you know...for the humorous...I have a few questions of my own for Jesus.

Like, wasps.

Really?

And venomous snakes.

Why?

Because, if I saw a snake...I still might jump 10 feet in the air...but maybe I wouldn't have a heart attack, if I knew it's bite wouldn't kill me.

Tonight, I am longing for Heaven.

"Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely." 1 Corinthians 13:12

No comments:

Post a Comment