Saturday, July 18, 2015

Saturday: Wedding, Wasps and Family

Our wedding kids got home in the wee hours of the morning. I waited up as long as I could, but headed to bed around midnight.

Which, for me? Midnight is like 3 a.m. because #CANTHANG.

This morning, Jim got up to run and then came home and made a big breakfast...and we ate it. And by "we," I mean, me, Jim and Joshua. The other kids slept until 11. Morgan left to go meet her family for lunch. It was her Mom's birthday, and they were all getting together. Logan and Patrick left around 2 p.m. The wedding wasn't until 6, but the pictures were at 3:30 or something.

It is the hottest day of the summer so far, sooooo...perfect time for an outdoor wedding.

The rest of us "hanged around the house," (Joshua's words) and then went to dinner. After dinner, we all came back here and got in the pool. It was a fun and relaxing night. Well, if you don't count the fact that I killed 5 wasps with my bare hands.

Okay...I used the net to catch them, and my flip-flop to smash their guts all over the pool deck...but I am pretty much the wasp catcher/killer of the South. If I even THINK it might dive at Joshua, then it's a goner. And don't send your friends, Mr. Wasp...I'll get them, too.

Also, I may or may not be in a youtube video, because I think my neighbors were watching me from their 2nd floor window.

Creepers.

And Aaron-the-son-in-law did about 50 wild dives in a row, and our pool looked like an ocean at one point.

And now our wedding kids are on their way home and should be here before 11.

THANK YOU, JESUS...MOMMA IS TIRED.

I know I say this all the time, but I'm really thankful that my kids all like each other and enjoy spending time together. It is such a blessing to us.

"Salt is good for seasoning. But if it loses it's flavor, how do you make it salty again? You must have the qualities of salt among yourselves and live in peace with each other." Mark 9:50

No comments:

Post a Comment