Friday, July 17, 2015

Just An Ordinary Friday Night

Today is Friday...but it feels like Saturday.

Actually, it feels like Christmas, because Logan and Morgan came in last night! This is the 3rd weekend IN A ROW that we've gotten to see them. This never happens, and we are all so excited! Logan is in a wedding this weekend. So, not only did he and Morgan come home...they brought his friend, Patrick, and they are all 3 staying at our house.

They got in last night around 9. He immediately asked me to text Holly and Aaron-the-son-in-law, and I did...and they came over. And then Clark came home from Faith's house...and in a matter of 30 minutes, our family-room was full of...well...FAMILY. And they were talking all at once and laughing.

And I died.

But then I revived. myself, because I had to go to bed and get my beauty sleep!

This morning, I got up with Clark at 6 a.m., and got him off to work...and, after I heard from him that he'd made it there safely...35 minutes later...I went back to bed, and slept the sleep of the angels. Jim got up later, and cooked breakfast, and, one by one, the kids trickled into the kitchen.

After breakfast, the boys went out to the pool. Around mid-morning, Holly came over, and she and Morgan went shopping. They genuinely like each other, and it makes me so happy that they like to hang out together. The boys stayed in the pool until lunch. They all came in and made sandwiches and stuff...and then they all, the boys and the girls, went back out for more sun.

Late this afternoon, they came in and Logan, Morgan and Patrick got ready for the wedding rehearsal and dinner...and they left. Holly went to her home to meet up with Aaron. The rest of us went out for dinner.

Now we are home, Jim, Joshua and me. The other kids will be back to spend the night, but it will be late.

Okay. I know y'all are bored out of your minds by now. Honestly, the most exciting thing that happened today was when Holly and Marley, her little half-a-dog, came over. Marley and Maggie went nuts over something that was behind the grill, or in the corner of our covered patio. It might've been a lizard, a bug, a mouse...or Jim's snake back for revenge...but they nearly tore the place up trying to get to it. We had to bring Marley in the house, and he came dangerously close to getting another dose of the "doggie Xanax we gave him on July 4. Never did figure out what it was.

I just love it when my family is all here. I don't really have anything earth-shattering or thought-provoking to talk about...I'm just really happy tonight. :)

"The LORD is my strength and shield. I trust Him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving." Psalm 28:7

No comments:

Post a Comment