Friday, July 31, 2015

Dead Spiders and Poop

First of all, SPIDER UPDATE:

This morning, I looked over where the spider has been lying-in-state, and it was gone! I thought, "well, praise JESUS...someone besides me actually picked it up."

But then later, as I was running the Swiffer under all the furniture, I pulled this blob of dust out from under the table by where the dead spider had been. I bent down to pick up the fuzz and EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...the middle of the blob was hard and crunchy and, to quote my father-in-law, "I'LL B'DURN" if it wasn't that dead spider wrapped up in a dust bunny.

And so there it was in my hand, the dead spider, so I HAD to throw it away.

Actually, when I first realized what it was, I dropped it right back on the floor.

I had every intention of just leaving it there. But then I thought, "HOW PETTY..." and I became the BIGGER PERSON, picked it up in a tissue...and threw it away.

I think it should be noted that when I climbed up on my high mountain and announced this to my family, they all looked at me and said, "what spider?"

Seriously. Boys and men...I don't get them.

Joshua's Summer Day Camp finished up today. It's been a great 6 weeks. Holly spent the night with us last night, because Aaron-the-son-in-law was out-of-town. Actually, he was on a business trip to the same town where Logan and Morgan live...so he took them out for dinner, and then spent the night at their apartment. I LOVE THIS!

Anyway, we had Marley-the-half-a-dog with us, after Holly left this morning for her work orientation. I had told her that I would drop him by her house on our way out-of-town.

We pulled up to a stop light and I noticed the person next to me had an open laptop on his console. I asked Joshua, "is that a cop?" He said, "mmm...mmm...animal control. Probably looking for poachers."

(blink, blink)

POACHERS.

In Central ARKANSAS.

Who knew?

Later, driving across the Arkansas River, I commented to Joshua about how BLUE the water looked. I said, "remember several weeks ago, when the water was all brown because of the rain and flooding?" He said, "mmm...mmm...and because of all the poop."

I said, "WHAT?"

And he said, "somebody probably pooped in it."

Joshua makes my day...pretty much every day. His wisdom inspires me, but then. in his innocence, he makes some of the most hilarious statements.

This week, they had their (in Joshua's words) "tranditional" talent show. I knew the adult FRIENDS were doing a couple of dances. I like to hear Joshua tell me HIS VERSION of what they did. He said, "we danced to Funk and Sha-Nay-Nay." Which means, "Uptown Funk" and "Watch Me (Whip...NayNay)."

I asked, "did y'all learn moves and everything?" And he said, "we did what we could."

AS WE DO.

"For wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find disorder and evil of every kind. But the wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and the fruit of good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere." James 3:16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment