Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Joshua, Jenni...and George Costanza

In a follow-up to my post yesterday about being "non shellfish."

Holly and I took Joshua down to Little Rock this morning for Therapeutic Recreation. Holly and I planned on spending some time down there, shopping and stuff.

When we got to the TR Center, Holly and stayed a few minutes to visit with the staff. A couple of the FRIENDS saw us, and came up to say "hi" and get hugs.

Jenni called me over and said she needed to "tell me something private." She said, "when I was younger, I had a lot of boyfriends, and they all treated me bad."

Which, I just have to stop at this point and say that Joshua and Jenni have been dating for 11 years...E-L-E-V-E-N. So she must've had all of these other boyfriends when she was a baby. I don't even know.

ANYWAY, she said, "...but then I met Joshua, and he has made everything in my life better."

And I said, "is this why you called him a BUTT HEAD last night?"

And she said, "I didn't mean to write that."

Me: "you didn't?"

Jenni: "no, I didn't mean to."

Me: "so those words just flew out of your phone...and into HIS phone?"

Jenni: "I meant to text him that our TR groups isn't meeting tomorrow."

Me: "that's what you meant to text? But it came out, 'BUTT HEAD?'"

Jenni: "yes."

And then, I kid you not, she looked straight at me like it was a totally believable scenario, and all I could think of was the Seinfeld episode, where George said, "remember, Jerry...it's not a lie...if YOU believe it."

"Kind words are like honey--sweet to the soul and healthy for the body." Proverbs 16:24

No comments:

Post a Comment