Sunday, July 12, 2015

Sick Of All The Dying

Just got in tonight, after a long Sunday. It's been a good day, but a sad day.

At least 4 of our friends have experienced the death of a family member...just in the past 2 days. FOUR of our friends. And my one friend who is dying...her father-in-law passed away this morning. That means her husband is going to bury his Dad...and then soon he will bury her. his wife.

I sat down and just wanted to cry.

I felt sad and burdened. My heart was just...heavy.

In fact, what I said was, "I am so sick of all.the.dying."

And my 19 year old son overheard me from the kitchen. He said, "Mom...why are you saying that? Every one of the people who died this weekend was a Christian. You know this world is not our home. You know we are not made for this world."

He's right. He's speaking with all the wisdom of a 19 year old who has experienced very little death in his life. He doesn't remember when my Mom died...and his 3 other grandparents are still alive.

He doesn't know the hurt death can bring...the hole in your heart...in your life.

He doesn't know how much you'd give anything for one more day. Or one more hour.

He doesn't know how much you miss them every day.

He doesn't know how much you miss them being here for all the things you never knew were ahead of you in your life.

Yes, there is much peace in knowing we will see them again one day. And, there is much peace in knowing they are not suffering anymore. But we just miss them SO MUCH.

Clark will understand one day. Sadly, we all experience the heartache that comes with the loss of a family member or friend. But for now, I took his words to heart: "You know we are not made for this world."

"Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of His godly ones." Psalm 116:15

No comments:

Post a Comment