Monday, June 2, 2014

The Hardest Day...The Best Day

First of all, let me make Logan's wedding all about me. (Sheesh)

Logan's wedding day was the hardest day...and the best day.

What is that saying, "a son is a son til he takes a wife; a daughter's a daughter all of her life?"

Truer words never spoken.

We spent Saturday getting ready for the big moment. I took Holly to the church early, so that she could get her hur did with the other bridesmaids. I brought food and snacks for the bridesmaids and the groomsmen...and I just hung out and tried to help as I could.

I was a mess of emotions. Ugh. I tried to joke around and hold it together, but it just wasn't happening. I was pretty mad at myself, but my little boy was getting married and what am I supposed to do about ALL THE FEELINGS?

Logan and Morgan were having their "first look" in the sanctuary before all the pictures started. There were about 4 sets of double doors, and each door had a window. And you just have to know that, at every window, there was a mom, sister, friend, cousin or bridesmaid...face pressed to the glass...trying to see this precious first moment.

It did not disappoint.

Everyone said they could tell Logan was teary, and it was soooo sweet. Logan had said that he was NOT going to be crying about any of it.

Oh, how quickly they fall!

All it took was a pretty, little, blonde-headed bride to throw everyone into an emotional tail-spin! They looked so sweet together! I just about died from the cuteness!

Annnnnnd back to me.

I could feel the emotion building, no matter how hard I tried to hold it back. We had been to a wedding 2 weeks ago where all the bridesmaids and the bride's sister and the bride's dad...ALL in tears coming down the aisle. I didn't want to be like that. Because I am really SO HAPPY for Logan and Morgan. But I was also so sad.

I can't even explain it. Moms and sons. That's all I can say.

Or maybe it's just me.

I've been the "other woman" in Logan's life for 5 1/2 years. You'd think I'd be okay with everything. AND I AM, I promise.

I made it down the aisle by biting my lip very hard. I can only hope the photographer captured THAT moment. Attractive. Except not.

The actual wedding ceremony was precious. I had been concerned, as the wedding got bigger and bigger, that the intimacy of the service would be lost. NOT IN THIS CASE. Not at all. Their college pastor from their college church performed the ceremony, and he did such a great job! They had done their premarital counseling with him, and he revealed some of the things they had said about each other...things they hadn't heard until then. It was really sweet.

And then it was done. And my baby was married. Five and a half years of dating and praying and planning and working for this day...and it was done.

Official.

Husband and wife.

What in the world?

"What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate." Matthew 19:6

No comments:

Post a Comment