Friday, June 20, 2014

FRIDAY. Also Known As: Yawnfest 2014

So, first I got up.

And then I laid back down.

Is it laid or layed? I never know.

And then I got up again.

I always try to get up with my husband or kids when they leave in the mornings...no matter how late or early. I like to see them...walk them out to their cars. I try to talk to them, but SOME PEOPLE in my family go to great lengths to avoid uttering any sound at all...which irks me to no end, but whatever.

This morning, I woke up at 5 a.m., but I didn't actually get up out of bed until 6 a.m.

It pains me to even type this because SUMMER.

Clark leaves for work really early. He has started packing his own lunch. Well, this is the 5th day IN HIS LIFE that he has packed his own lunch.  I'm glad for the help, but he's cheating me out of adding whatever little "mom touches" to his life that I can...while I can. He will be a Senior in the fall...my time is limited. Throw me bone, please!

For as long as I've packed lunches for the kids, I've always written a little note or scripture verse...or a JOKE...on their napkins. My kids used to call it their "love nakins."

And now this one is packing his own lunch and not even including a napkin AT ALL! What is it with kids trying to cut mom out of the picture?

AND YES I REALIZE THAT CLARK IS 18 YEARS OLD.

Sheesh.

After Clark left at around 6:20, I laid...layed...okay, now I'm paranoid about it. I stretched out on the couch, because Jim was off today and I didn't want to go back to our room and wake him up. He is usually up at the crack o'dawn...he's a morning person...but he did sleep a little longer today.

Hello?

Tap-tap-tap...anyone there? I'm boring myself to death.

I did about 5-6 loads of laundry today...trying to get it all done. We decided to give our washer and dryer to Logan and Morgan. They do have a laundromat close to where they live, and they have been using the w/d at a friend's house. The other night, tho, they had both worked late...and she told me that she was hand-washing Logan's work shirt and her VBS shirt. She wasn't saying it like, "poor us" or anything like that. But I told Jim...and now I am getting a new w/d tomorrow, and we are giving Logan and Morgan our old set.

Which, our old set is only 2 years old. We still have 2 years left on the warranty Jim bought on it. Double yay!

Other than picking up around here and doing the laundry, it was not a productive day, and that's okay. Holly came over and she wasn't feeling well...so we just, in Joshua's words, "hanged around" most of the afternoon.

YEEE-AWWWWNNNNNN.

Boy am I tired! And I bet you are, too, if you are still reading this.

BUT WAIT!

I have a link that will make it all better!

Funniest thing I've read all week was this post from Melanie. I read it and laughed til my sides hurt, because...I've been there. Trust me.

THEN, I read it out-loud to my 25 year old daughter, and I was laughing so hard I was crying. She didn't think it was as funny as I did, but that's just because she's young and clueless naive about the things in life that lay/lie ahead of her (oh good grief!). So, I was howling-laughing, and wiping my eyes, and she was all, like, "MOM...STOP."

What does SHE know?

Happy weekend!

"I will be filled with joy because of You. I will sing praises to Your name, O Most High." Psalm 9:2

No comments:

Post a Comment