Friday, August 30, 2013

Morning People

I think it was Albert Einstein who said that the definition of insanity is "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Of our 4 children, Joshua is the only one who is a "morning" person. The other three? Not so much.

But that doesn't keep me from trying!

Every morning, as my youngest leaves for school and I walk him out...I talk, ask questions about his day, and send him off with words of encouragement and hugs.

And every day? I get nuthin'.

Even on this morning, I stood in the driveway in my white robe with the blue and yellow stars on it and my green froggy slippers...and I spelled out TGIF with my body like the YMCA people.

No reaction from the student as he backed out. Not even a glance.

I KNOW YOU SEE ME...

"Lord...be our strength every morning..." Isaiah 33:2

No comments:

Post a Comment