Sunday, August 4, 2013

Amy's Wedding Weekend Update 3

Went on a little trip last week, and I want to post about it...but first have to finish up the posts on Amy's wedding!

Periodically while we were decorating, Jim would come up to me and say, "do you know how long it's gonna take us to tear all this down and clean up?"

There was a time constraint, because two of my nieces were in a play on Saturday night...and the wedding was Saturday afternoon. Yikes!

So, we...and by "we" I mean...every available family member...started cleaning up as soon as the last person walked out of the sanctuary. It was all hands on deck.

Or, as my boys like to say, "all hands on deck, Granger!" (That's a quote from a Harry Potter movie)

The sanctuary clean-up did not take that long. The reception clean up? That was another story!

Everyone wanted to stay and stay and stay...which was good! But, we still had things we needed to do and places we needed to be! The wedding coordinator said that the bride wanted to be out of there by 4 to attend an after-reception family get-together...so that's when we started the clean-up.

And it was fast and furious.

I'm not even kidding.

Everyone helped. Even my Dad...so thin and feeble. He took the "supply room," where we had placed lots of boxes and things to be out-of-sight...and he worked in there. Slowly...quietly...methodically.

I just love working like that with my family...all working together for a common goal. It was a beautiful thing!

"...how beautiful when brothers and sisters get along..." Psalm 133:1

No comments:

Post a Comment