Monday, July 29, 2013

Amy's Wedding Weekend Update 1

I think I can mayyyybeeee put together a coherent series of sentences about our weekend. We'll see.

We had such a great weekend! Jim was able to get off work on Thursday and Friday, so we left to go down to Texas on Thursday morning.

First of all...there is just no fast way to get from central Arkansas to the DFW area.

We basically hung out on Thursday night after we got there, and my sister went over the plan for the next day.

On Friday morning, we got up and hit the ground running.We had much to do to get ready for my niece's wedding. My brother had already come by and loaded up most of the wedding stuff onto his trailer, but we still had to take 3 vehicles to the church...full of people and decorations!

The only frustrating funniest thing of the entire weekend happened as we were all preparing to leave for the church on Friday morning. We had driven in the night before on one tank of gas, so we needed gas in the Burb. Jim said he would go get gas and come back and pick us (Holly and I) up. Well, we waited...and waited...and waited. No Jim. We had already loaded our purses and everything into the car before Jim left, so there was no way to get in touch with Jim. Finally, Holly used Logan's phone and called Jim. When he answered, he was already almost to the church...over 30 minutes away.

Ummm...

He said that when he came back to the house after getting gas, my sister was already loaded up in her car, and my Dad was in his...and when they saw Jim pull around the corner, they took off. Jim ASSUMED that Holly and I had climbed into another vehicle for some reason...so he took off and followed the caravan, without checking to make sure we were in it.

Meanwhile...

*crickets chirping*

We are waiting...and waiting...and waiting...

This day, my birthday, was not starting off on a good note.

When they all got to the church and Holly and I did not get out of any vehicle...Jim felt bad, and my family all went nuts! Because in my family, we are nothing if not able to laugh at with each other! I'm so glad that everyone had fun at our expense. Except NOT! I feel sure this will be a story that is shared from now on and into infinity..."hey, we're all gonna go eat at On The Border...Jim, don't forget your wife!"

The rest of the day, whenever I would meet someone at the church...the wedding coordinator, the caterer, members of the wedding party, extended family members of the bride and groom...they all said, "oh, are you the one who got left behind?"

Yes, yes that would be me.

So thankful for my other sister...who came back and got us. (Updated here and here and here)

"Do not let kindness and truth leave you..." Proverbs 3:3


1 comment:

  1. Wow, that seems so nice. I liked reading through this post. At the local San Francisco venues my best friend had the spring themed reception party. One of the biggest San Francisco venues had been booked for this ceremony and all of the arrangements were beyond my imagination. Loved everything.

    ReplyDelete