Thursday, July 4, 2013

Singing All The Way..

*This is posting on July 4, and even tho this post has nothing to do with the freedom that American men and women have fought and died for...I want to say how thankful and blessed I feel to live in this great country*

So.

It's pretty much a proven fact that I can sing for hours on a car trip.

Just sayin'.

The thing is...I like all kinds of music. I'm refined like that. Ha! That being said, there are some genres I like more than others, but, in our family, it's "driver's choice" when we are in the car.

I think I mentioned that we left early, early last Saturday morning to go pick up Clark from Kamp.

Note: most normal parents will go the night before and stay in a hotel, so they don't have the early morning drive. 

Not us. No way, no how.

And there is nothing going on at 4 in the morning. NOTHING. Very little traffic and nothing is open. Just dark and quiet and headlights...and the radio.

Yesssssss...

And so I sing. I don't sing WELL...but I love to sing. I grew up in a home where my Mom sang constantly, so I guess that's where I get it. After about an hour, I began to notice a pattern. Just when I was really getting into a song, Jim would change the channel. Wha-whaaaaaat? At first, I thought it was because it was getting all static-y (that usually doesn't bother me too much, because even if I just hear bits and pieces of a song, I can still belt it out).

But then...it started to seem like my sweet and loving husband was trying to silence my joyful noise.

And to that I say, "hit me with your best shot..."

Because...
"Oldies?" I AM old.
"70's?" Please (amateur).
"80's?" WhaCHU talkin' about?
"90's til today?" What I don't know, I'll make up for with enthusiasm.
"Country?" Bring it. 
"K-Love?" I know every word (plus harmonies) (you're welcome).

But turning it to talk radio? That's just cruel, man.

Well played, Driver...well played.

No comments:

Post a Comment