Monday, July 1, 2013

Happy Birthday, Mom...

Today is my Mom's birthday. She would've been 74 years old.

She would've hated it...the getting old part. But I have confidence in the fact that she would've handled it, publicly, at least, with much grace.

Today, like the 14 previous years, she is spending her birthday in Heaven.

And I miss her every day.

I miss her place in our family. Even tho I didn't get to see her that often, I miss her presence. More than my Dad, she was the one who called, wrote letters...kept in touch. She was the glue in our family. I miss her sense of humor...so thankful that she passed that on to us. I miss that she was the connection to my past for me and my children...so much I wish I would've asked about. I miss that she wasn't here for everything the past 15 years...the births, illnesses, moves, accomplishments, graduations, deployments, vacations, kids moving to college, engagements and weddings.

And all of the regular days.

But I the things I miss the most are the things that lie ahead; things that we, our family, will have to go through...or things that we'll enjoy...without her.

She left us, and our family is not the same. It can never be the same. Oh, we have healed or are healing, and we have moved on...but there will be an empty spot in our lives until we get to Heaven and see her again.

And we will see her again. I believe that with all of my heart.

"Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of His godly ones." (Psalm 116:15)

No comments:

Post a Comment