Thursday, July 18, 2013

All Your Teeth

They were sitting at the counter talking. My Dad speaks very softly now, and has difficulty hearing...the same thing can be said about Joshua.

But, sitting there that morning...the two of them understood each other perfectly.

My Dad asked about him about Powerlifting, and Joshua lifted up the sleeve of his shirt, showing off his muscles. My Dad said, "I've lost all of my strength, Joshua," and held up his thin, little arm. Just when I thought I might have to turn away to hide my tears, Joshua leaned over and patted my Dad..."that's okay, Pawpaw. You still have all your teeth...and a good head of hair!"

"I will be the same until your old age, and I will bear you up when you turn gray. I have made you, and I will carry you..." Isaiah 46:4

No comments:

Post a Comment