Wednesday, July 17, 2013

My Dad

So my Dad has been having some tests run over the past several months, because there are some things that just aren't quite right. And my heart has been breaking for what may be ahead for him, and for the changes that will come in our family.

Change in an inevitable part of life that I'm not always quick to embrace.

On the phone with my Dad, I was determined to be an encourager, even through my tears. Instead, it was my Dad who said, "if my tests are normal? Well, then...I'll praise the Lord. And if they're not? Well, I'll praise the Lord anyway."

My Dad...walkin' the walk.

Read these words in Job 2:10: "...shall we accept only good from God and not adversity?" 

And this from Paul in 1 Thessalonians 5:18: "in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment