Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Morgan's Wedding Dress

Several weeks ago, Logan's fiance, Morgan, invited me to come with her to shop for her wedding dress. I wasn't sure if I was going to go, but I was thrilled that she included me.

Morgan has a very close family. She has a mom, sister, cousin and aunt who all love her very much and who all know a thing or two about fashion. I, however, do not.

I'm sorry.

I have no idea what my contribution to the gene pool of her future children will be.

Anyway, I didn't think it was my place to voice my opinion, if asked, in that situation...because her family knows her and her tastes way better than I do.

I had totally forgotten when the appointment was, but when her mom called last week to remind me and I was home alone with no plans...I thought it sounded fun!

I was so excited to go back to the same place where my sister and I took Holly to buy her wedding dress just a few years ago!

It was such a fun day! Morgan has very different tastes from Holly, but this place had dresses for just about everyone. I loved sitting on a bench while we waited for Morgan to come out to show us a dress...and watching all of the other brides-to-be come out wearing their dresses. I loved seeing their reactions, and the reactions of their family and friends. I decided I want to be a bridal commenter when I grow up. You know, hang around in the bridal shop all day, and just comment on every one..."I like the other one better," or "oh, NO, girl, you canNOT wear that!"

I don't understand why that job is not in more demand.

There were brides there with their bridal parties and close friends. There were brides there with their families. One bride just had her Dad with her...and it was so sweet, but it also made me very sad thinking of the circumstances that would involve a bride only bringing her dad to pick out a wedding dress (because my own Dad would be CLUELESS). I totally made up several stories about it in my head. I know...I'm turning into my mother-in-law.

But one family there took the cake in the drama department. I must have had my "please tell me all your family issues" sign out because two sisters sidled up to me and said, "it's kinda hard to be happy for your sister when you HATE the guy she's marrying." Eeek! And they both unloaded on me about their sister and this guy...and then the mother came over and started saying the same thing.

UGH. They went on and on...and listening to it made me so sad.

But then Morgan walked out in what would end up being THE dress. And she was just beaming. And her Mom and I cried. And I thought, how blessed am I?

We, our family, LOVE Morgan. She is the perfect mate for Logan. And Morgan's family? They LOVE Logan. They took him in and enveloped him into their lives and their family almost immediately.

So excited for the days ahead.

"The LORD has done great things for us and we are filled with joy." Psalm 126:3

No comments:

Post a Comment