Friday, August 23, 2013

The One Where Joshua Killed A Wasp

I heard the loudest commotion from upstairs.

At first, I stopped to listen. Joshua often claps and dances to music. Some of his "dances" look and sound more like scenes from a karate match.

But then I heard another loud thud and the sounds of things falling. My heart sank.

I called up to Joshua, as I ran up the stairs. My heart was pounding when I got to his room. I just knew that his chest-of-drawers had fallen on top of him or something like that.

When I walked into his room, Joshua was in a semi-crouched position over by the window (think Karate Kid crain kick stance!). The room was disheveled. The blinds were all crooked. He was breathing heavy...and was dripping in sweat. One of his hands was up in the air like a baseball pitcher getting ready to throw...and the other hand? It was holding a shoe.

I said, "Joshua! What is going on up here? You scared me to death!"

He said, "I'm...trying...to...kill...a...bug..."

Oh my goodness!

I looked, and saw a wasp on the window...the wasp was a little banged up, but very much alive.

Poor thing didn't know what hit him...again...and again...and again.

I took care of it. Death was a welcome relief for it. Trust me on this one. It had taken a beating!

I was sooo thankful that Joshua was okay...but after that adrenaline rush, I was wired for the rest of the day!

"A happy heart makes the face cheerful..." Proverbs 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment