Thursday, August 22, 2013

Not Really Your Style

So, school is back in session, and it's just me and Joshua at home.

Just the way he likes it.

Oh, he loves it when all the kids are here...when both of his brothers are here, and his sister and her husband are here. What he DOESN'T love is the frenzy and excitement that happens at the end of the summer, when one brother is repacking and moving back to college...and the other brother is starting back to school. He is most definitely not a fan of that. So, when things calm down, even tho he misses his brothers being here all the time, he kind of likes the peace. And I believe I've written before on how much he loves his routine.

We headed out mid-morning to run some errands. First on the agenda: a hair-cut for him. His Therapeutic Recreation (TR) program starts back next week and he has to be ready! My Grandma Ellen, may she rest in peace, used to say, "pretty is as pretty does."

I'm pretty sure the same thing applies to being handsome.

Then we stopped by Old Navy. I had gotten a couple of shirts there before my California trip. They fit GREAT and held up well in the laundry. I wanted to get two more shirts just like them, only in different colors.

Lame, I know, but that's how I roll these days.

We walked by a table and I saw this black tank top with horizontal blue stripes...and the blue stripes were sparkly. I said, "well, THAT's cute..."

(Because I was thinking for HOLLY...like for Clark's football games and stuff...)

(Not for me, because tank top? HORIZONTAL STRIPES? No thank YOU...)

Joshua put his hand on my arm and said, "well, that's not really your style anymore...MAYBE IF YOU WERE IN YOUR 20's...but now? No."

And that's how Joshua died.

JUST KIDDING!!

"...and let her rejoice who gave birth to you." Proverbs 23:25

No comments:

Post a Comment