Monday, August 5, 2013

Air Guitar

I hope y'all understand when I say that I haven't had a carefree breath in over 28 years.

Not trying to be overly dramatic. I'm like most moms. Like some moms more than others.

It's just that I always have him on my mind...what is he doing...where is he...is he okay? How can I help him? Does he need me? Should I back off? Should I rush in?

I never want him to be scared.

Or hurt.

Or mistreated.

Sometimes my heart hurts just thinking about him.

Hurts in a good way. Like it might burst...because oh how I love that man-child. And hurts because of the weight of the life we've been entrusted.

Find us worthy, Lord.

Help us, Lord.

Without You, we are lost.

But today, my heart is full. As I glanced over at the Special Blessing in my passenger seat...singing at the top of his lungs and playing his "air guitar" to a Taylor Swift song...I am moved beyond words at the goodness and provision of God.

"Are not 5 sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God...you are worth more than many sparrows." Luke 12:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment